Help, need input in next hour. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Help, need input in next hour.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I have a Century Arms L1A1, it's an OK rifle but a bit on the heavy side and not as accurate as one might like. Bro in law has M1A1, nice but heavy and spendy. Thought the AR series might be a bit lighter and more accurate than my L1a1. And I thought that was a good deal for a walk-in, carry-it-away now deal.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I know this time has expired but I have to throw in my 2 cents. $1000 to spend? Want a .308? The PTR-91 is the answer. I have an L1A1 and PTR, and the PTR runs rings around it in maintenance, usability, accessories. Both are equivalent shooters, but the L1A1 needs to have the buffer calibrated with ammo changes. The PTR just spews out whatever you put in. Plus I bought a box of mags for $1/ea.

If you reload your own rounds then just ignore this, because the HK receiver chews up brass when it spits it out. It is usually too dinged to be reused.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
And I thought that was a good deal for a walk-in, carry-it-away now deal.
Spend a little (a lot of) time and look around. You can do better. I don't trust DPMS AT A LL! I have friends that swear by them, that's OK as long as they're having good, safe, fun. I have just seen way too many "Oops! How'd that get through?" type situations lately to ever desire (or even settle for) a rifle made by them.