Hard hitting, low kick-back rifle - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Hard hitting, low kick-back rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

How about a regular Norinco SKS for about $300-350 or so? They resemble an AK, also use a piston, most hold ten rounds (some use large AK mags) and are very reliable.
A simple recoil pad is not needed at all, but if you are about 5' 11" it will lengthen the short stock a bit.

There is a new rear peep sight which can be easily installed, and lengthens the sight radius, improving accuracy a good bit.

The ammo is now widely available again, and (Russian-made) Wolf etc can cost less than .25/round. The timing is right.
During this recession it can now be a bit of a buyer's market, at least compared to last winter's post-election panic , which was mostly caused by gun store fearmongers, gun show sharpies and scalpers.

Last edited by Laufer; 12-20-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #22

Liked 61 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default .44mag carbine

I'd recomend a Ruger .44 Deerfield carbine, its like the older Ruger .44 carbine but has the nicer detachable rotary mag these guns should be good out to 200yds easy its allot easyer to carry 20 rounds of .44mag as opposed to .308 main battle rifle rounds, besides you want to kill something the .44mag is the round to do the job.

A semi auto carbine in 40s&w loaded with some jacketed hollowpoint ammo.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Skull you crack me up, thanks for the chuckle.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #24

Here is what i was thinking. MAG-FED 20MM RIFLE - Anzio Ironworks

Old 02-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #25

A .22 with a head shot or pick up a .243, has plenty of knockdown and barely any kick they make em in both semi or bolt remington and browning are the common names for the semi's

Old 03-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #26

Another SKS advantage is that you always have the magazine, and inserting ten rounds from multiple pre-loaded stripper clips is very fast with a little practice. As a back-up, ten rounds can be fed into the mag very quickly.

A very methodical friend who grew up in Germany came over with his AR-15.
He seldom forgets anything, and could not believe that he had forgotten to pack his AR's magazine.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:04 AM   #27

am i the only one who is a little suspicious of this poster he wants to "hurt" someone??? even when i talk about self defence im not so blatant all im sayin i dont wanna be apart of helping out an aspiring timothy mcveigh (even though im sure hed find information elsewhere)

..maybe im just to untrusting of people i dont know....

"Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them."

don't wish for a lesser burden, just a stronger back

Old 04-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #28

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingplatoscomphycave View Post
am i the only one who is a little suspicious of this poster he wants to "hurt" someone??? even when i talk about self defence im not so blatant all im sayin i dont wanna be apart of helping out an aspiring timothy mcveigh (even though im sure hed find information elsewhere)

..maybe im just to untrusting of people i dont know....
First of all, I think the OP'er is a "she"., i.e. the handle "mammothchick". Secondly, I think you are reading a little too much into the OP. I believe the tone of the post is in the context of self defense. A rifle with sufficient power that will be minimal in recoil. If we use a weapon in that context, we willl hurt an offender. If we want to accuse our own of being politically incorrect...well? IMHO, I think that the OP is light years away from McVeigh, who clearly never used a rifle perpetrating his crime(s).

I think you are "the only one" who is suspicious of the original poster. I am suspicious of forum members who steer threads off topic. I'm not a moderator, but, that's what I think.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #29

^ good point i suppose i have been over-sensitized to these things

"Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them."

don't wish for a lesser burden, just a stronger back

Old 04-17-2010, 04:54 AM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post

........................CheyTac 408
cane i just went off in my holster. I would love to own one of these fine peices of art.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.