H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 6 Test Quiz Questions

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 6 Test Quiz Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 6 Test Quiz Questions

H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Gun Final 6 Test Quiz Questions

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the H&K MP5 Sub-Machine Guns I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few 6 quiz questions? Plese correct my wrong answers!

Thanks for your help.

Note #7. What catches the hammer to hold it rearward when the action cycles in semi auto mode?
a) The trigger bar
b) The trigger nose (front upper portion of the trigger)
c) A shelf that is machined into the inner right side of the receiver
d) The sear

Note #8. The safety selector blocks the tail of the trigger when in the safe position. True or False.
a) True
b) False

Note #9. How many notches does the hammer in the full auto trigger pack have in it?
a) One notch
b) Two notches
c) Three notches

Note #10. When the selector is in full auto mode, it allows the tail of the trigger to move ...
a) Lower so that the hammer can't engage and be caught by the trigger tail.
b) Higher, which in turn raises the trigger bar high enough to catch the hammer when the trigger is released.
c) Higher, thus moving the sear low enough so that it does not catch the hammer.
d) Rearward, thus preventing it from engaging the hammer notch.

Note #11. The MP5 is hammer fired, so when the gun is in full auto mode and the trigger is pulled rearward, the sear is not engaging the notch in the hammer. What holds the hammer rearward (preventing hammer follow down)?
a) Nothing holds the hammer rearward and it must follow down in full auto mode. After the first shot, the gun fires from an open bolt. The hammer is what holds the firing pin forward, allowing enough positive protrusion to fire the gun.
b) The catch
c) The trigger tail
d) The trigger bar

Note #12. In a "Burst Pack", what prevents the counting wheel from rotating counterclockwise (back to its start point) during a three round burst?
a) The stop latch
b) The shifter rod
c) Eccentric bushing
d) Trigger nose

Last edited by Hoppy74; 06-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #2

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Man that's a tough test! I hope you can find your answers but mathematically you don't have much to worry about. (If you have 54 of 60 answered correctly, that's 90% already! And if you have to go with some educated gueses you might hit a couple more right.) Anyway, you don't need 100% and on top of that, what are the odds as a gunsmith that you'll ever have to repair that firearm? I'm sure many gunsmiths will not work on a machine gun.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6031 Times on 3161 Posts
Likes Given: 432

I dont believe he can work on one unless he is an sot or worksfor an sot

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Man that's a tough test! I hope you can find your answers but mathematically you don't have much to worry about. (If you have 54 of 60 answered correctly, that's 90% already! And if you have to go with some educated gueses you might hit a couple more right.) Anyway, you don't need 100% and on top of that, what are the odds as a gunsmith that you'll ever have to repair that firearm? I'm sure many gunsmiths will not work on a machine gun.
What if I only have 80% correct and need these last few questions in order to pass. I need 85% in order to pass!

Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I wouldn't be happy with that. I was pissed off whenever I got less than 100%. I passed with a 97% grade average. Should have been better.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I wouldn't be happy with that. I was pissed off whenever I got less than 100%. I passed with a 97% grade average. Should have been better.
I averaged 93% in high school and college, heavy in math and science. That's all I could manage since I was working too. It was good enough.

Anyway, hope you get some answers, Hoppy!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #7

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Man, you musta hit up every forum with those questions . LOL some of those people are down right crude .

Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Your math is incorrect. If I had an 80% on the 54 questions and got the final 6 questions correct my final grade would be 83% and I would fail since 85% is passing.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy74 View Post
Your math is incorrect. If I had an 80% on the 54 questions and got the final 6 questions correct my final grade would be 83% and I would fail since 85% is passing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy74 View Post
[B]... There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few 6 quiz questions? Plese correct my wrong answers!

Thanks for your help...
Hoppy your first post makes it sound like you have correct answers to 54 of 60 questions.

______