Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Memphis.,TN
Posts: 243
Default

Mark F:

Superb observation about the 'big picture'.

__________________

Last edited by Laufer; 09-27-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Laufer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
When the assault weapons ban was issued before, anything prior to the ban coming into place was "grandfathered in". What that means is the people could keep the weapon in question, in this State ( Washington ) and every other state that I had people in at the time.

I don't know about the more Kommunist States ( Kalifornia, NY, NJ, etc. ) because I wasn't following the activities in those "occupied territories" at that time.

JD
Here in NJ they 'grandfathered' in ownership of all "Assault Rifles" so I was able to keep my H&K 93. I had to remove the firing pin and obtain a paper from the local police department verifiying that. We were supposed to turn in the firing pin to the police but the detective didn't want the responsibility of taking it. He told me if they change the law next year and he can't find the pin will the department have to buy me a new one. He suggested I give it to a family member at a different address for safe keeping.
I was allowed to keep, unaltered, a Chi-Com SKS carbine. This has a folding bayonet and an internal mag, not a detachable one. This, according to NJ law, is NOT an assault rifle!!! Go figure. Dumb ass politicians don't know squat about firearms!
This detective was more concerned about the illegal pistols on the street than assault rifles. He said if he spotted someone carry a large rifle he could prepare himself. With a pistol he probably wouldn't see it until it was too late!
At that time our Gov. Florio also pushed through a huge tax hike along with the assault gun ban and lost the next election.
The local councilman who bragged about the ban and said to the gun owners and NRA to "Go ahead and make my day" as a challenge to those who owned assault guns lost the next election too!
The best part is this same councilman named Cohen was recently booted, this year 2008, for having child porn on his work computer. He commited himself for treatment to avoid more severe public ridicule. Nice, since he was on his high horse regarding passage of a bill to nail those who view kiddie porn!
What goes around comes around to all that deserve it.
__________________
nightstart is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Conway,SC
Posts: 32
Default

You ain't seen nothing yet!! Just wait until 'President' Obama puts Ms Clinton on the Supreme Court to thank her for her 'support'. Talk about WSHTF

__________________
Old Soldier is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Memphis.,TN
Posts: 243
Default

But guys, let's remember the public demands that the government help with mounting unemployment and home foreclosures. There are huge corporate layoffs on the way, and I hope that this observation is wrong, for the sake of the workers.

As an astute observer pointed out on a gun board, both Clinton and Gore lost lots of political capital when it was wasted on either the AWB or talk of one (Gore). Many Democrats also hunt or plink.

The American public would not appreciate time wasted on a very secondary issue.
If Obama is as smart as most people claim, in the political sense, he has learned from those Democrats' mistakes. There might be hope for a while.

I refuse to pay the inflated scalping prices (Wolf x39 etc)at Ammoman, and may never go back to them, even when prices settle down in a while.
Only a little self-discipline is needed. But go ahead-make the scalpers wealthy.
Obama's stated priority to help the American/global financial crises would look ludicrous if he tries to sneak a nasty gun or ammo bill in the near future. He also sees Russia/Venezuela flexing thier muscles (but less revenue from fuel), among other potential enemies such as Hezbollah/Iran/Al Qaeda/Pakistani Taliban etc. I just met a guy who taught school in Pakistan and he was just over a mile from a firefight between the Northern Alliance and the Taliban (as he drove around with his personal AK: you can buy any gun, even a Russian Mig fighter if you have the cash over there).
A ban or large ammo tax would not look so good for Obama and he would not look very smart in the present economic climate. But anything is possible.

As insidious as he and other Senate Demokrats could be, he has never been called dumb, especially in a political sense.
He is an astute observer of what issues/stances have hurt other high-profile Dems. And the media would splash it all over the papers etc.

__________________

Last edited by Laufer; 11-10-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Laufer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sgtdeath66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 965
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Let's say we get a Democrat in office, shudder at the thought, what semi-autos do you feel would have the most value spike post ban?
update, that is now obama bin laden is now in office, sad but true
my advise buy what u can now so when shtf happens your good
__________________

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli


He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson


"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

sgtdeath66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sgtdeath66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 965
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
But guys, let's remember the public demands that the government help with mounting unemployment and home foreclosures. There are huge corporate layoffs on the way, and I hope that this observation is wrong, for the sake of the workers.

As an astute observer pointed out on a gun board, both Clinton and Gore lost lots of political capital when it was wasted on either the AWB or talk of one (Gore). Many Democrats also hunt or plink.

The American public would not appreciate time wasted on a very secondary issue.
If Obama is as smart as most people claim, in the political sense, he has learned from those Democrats' mistakes. There might be hope for a while.

I refuse to pay the inflated scalping prices (Wolf x39 etc)at Ammoman, and may never go back to them, even when prices settle down in a while.
Only a little self-discipline is needed. But go ahead-make the scalpers wealthy.
Obama's stated priority to help the American/global financial crises would look ludicrous if he tries to sneak a nasty gun or ammo bill in the near future. He also sees Russia/Venezuela flexing thier muscles (but less revenue from fuel), among other potential enemies such as Hezbollah/Iran/Al Qaeda/Pakistani Taliban etc. I just met a guy who taught school in Pakistan and he was just over a mile from a firefight between the Northern Alliance and the Taliban (as he drove around with his personal AK: you can buy any gun, even a Russian Mig fighter if you have the cash over there).
A ban or large ammo tax would not look so good for Obama and he would not look very smart in the present economic climate. But anything is possible.

As insidious as he and other Senate Demokrats could be, he has never been called dumb, especially in a political sense.
He is an astute observer of what issues/stances have hurt other high-profile Dems. And the media would splash it all over the papers etc.
Many Democrats also hunt or plink. but they supposedly hunt with single shot "weapons" as they call'em
__________________

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli


He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson


"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

sgtdeath66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sgtdeath66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 965
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soldier View Post
You ain't seen nothing yet!! Just wait until 'President' Obama puts Ms Clinton on the Supreme Court to thank her for her 'support'. Talk about WSHTF
if there is a GOD she will never be there
__________________

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli


He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson


"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

sgtdeath66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 495
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
if there is a GOD she will never be there
He won't do that. He's picking a bunch of people he knows from Illinois to surround him. He's basically the GW Bush of the democrats...
__________________
janikphoto is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sgtdeath66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 965
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

[QUOTE=RL357Mag;36234]

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergus View Post

Private sales do not require an NICS check, a form 4473, or an FFL transfer. The problem is finding what you want at a garage sale or a private sale, and the guns you buy privately are almost always used. I have several that were purchased from "friends" with no paperwork, but they aren't the guns I really paid a lot for, nor are they the ones I would consider my SHTF guns...the other way around this is to have a friend buy you what you want.
quick ?. if i sold a handgun to a friend and he shoots an evildoer on his land, can that come back to hurt me?
__________________

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli


He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson


"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

sgtdeath66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #60
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

[quote=sgtdeath66;49735]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post

quick ?. if i sold a handgun to a friend and he shoots an evildoer on his land, can that come back to hurt me?
That depends on the laws in your state and your locale. If you can legally do a face-to-face sale of a handgun, you should be fine. If you live in an area where all handgun sales and transfers must go through the local government where they remove the serial number from one permit and add it to another, you may be in trouble.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
40,000 lbs of guns melted down by LAPD - LAPD Implies Owning Guns Is Illegal crowbar Legal and Activism 17 02-25-2010 02:28 AM
Video: Guns, Guns, Guns sculker The Club House 15 02-22-2010 01:53 AM
Lunatic Fear Spells Death For 3 Officers In Pittsburgh! chopkick Politics, Religion and Controversy 11 04-09-2009 03:11 PM
Fear drives nationwide ammo shortage Musket Politics, Religion and Controversy 20 04-06-2009 05:44 AM
Fear the Government That Fears Your Gun sculker The Club House 0 08-20-2008 01:15 AM