Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
You don't seem to have much of an opinion of your fellow Americans and especially American women.
Dude. Don't feed the trolls....

JD

Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #42
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Contraray to what some believe, the '94 ban DID have a very debilitating effect on your right to own certain guns. Right before the ban went into effect I was at a gun show and almost bought a Norinco SKS, new in the box with sling & oiler, for $79. I thought to myself "what do I need that POS for?" So I didn't buy it, I bought an FR-8 instead for twice the price. Two weeks later, after the ban, I wasn't allowed to own an SKS. My brother downstate was now required to register his AR-15 or risk having it confiscated. So, while I do now have my SKS ( which now cost me $219, but it's a Yugo) and two AR-15's, there is no guarantee that they will not be taken away, or an attempt made to take them away. You may spend a lot of money (like I did) only to find yourself with weapons that you can no longer legally shoot, unless you have your own range, like me... now I will focus on stocking up on ammunition and powder, bullets, primers, and brass. And if the **** REALLY hits the fan, I am an avid muzzleloader and just as accurate at 100 yds with my .50 & .58 cal. front-stuffers as I am with any centerfire gun. I would rather be hit by an FMJ than a 325 gr conical bullet going at slow speed.
I still have ammo I stock piled from the "Jimmy Carter" days... Armor piercing 7.62's.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:27 AM   #43

Armor piercing 7.62s?????? That's cool!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by waroberson3017 View Post
Come on fellas..............Obama said, just the other night, that he was a "supporter" of the Second Amendment. He said it on LIVE TV, so he must have been telling the truth, because we all know that all politicians tell the truth. Now, if he said that then, I feel assured that HE will veto ANY gun control legislation.

PLEASE tell me you all heard the sarcasm in my fingers as I typed that.
That's freak'en funny stuff right there.

"Trust in God, but keep your powder dry."
signed,
Joe

Old 09-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #45

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I always love these kinds of posts and all the excellent suggestions that come along with them

ZOMBIES???? SHTF???? GESTAPO???

I say 'keep on keepin' on', enjoy the hobby, enjoy what you have, buy like you have been buying, etc, etc, etc. If a change comes...I doubt that there will be anything we can say or do about it if it does come out and some are preaching. Then again, maybe we'll actually get it right for once...and stand up for what our fore fathers fought and died for.

But until then...it's business as usual. No tin foil helmets, no 'as-seen-on-tv' cosmic do-all zombie stoppers to buy and stock up on, no hoarding of anything more than what I use and need. Otherwise you are just playing into their game. Life's too short as it is, so stop worrying and enjoy some of it.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #46

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
Obama is not a So******t. Read his position papers, he's a Marxist.
Your correct! My mistake...How about a Soc!alist with Marxist leanings?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #47

Default time to wake up

imo the last gun ban was a test to see how we reacted. I am convinced that there is a U.N. / Soros sponsored complete disarmament of civilians plan. NoBama/ Biden are part of that plan. Do some research on Soros.
I think it will be in phases, first phase is aleady finished, that was Clintons role.
The next group of marxist will increase the gun grab a litle further than Clinton, this time it will be any semi automatic weapon--no posession, no manufacture government buyback, then amnesty period then prosecution of any semi auto.
Ammunition same thing military rounds .223 , .308 , 30-06 pobably 12 ga shotgun as well. Remember most the population doesn't anything about guns or ammo other than soros sponsored brainwashing. Next they will highly regulate the so called sporting rounds guns. licenses and registration of all.
All handguns will be banned. I think in 2009 after the Marxist Nobama there will be another unfortunate tragedy w/ass casualties where proposed banned weapons will be used. This will be the opportune time to use the presidential directive. Think I am nuts research Soros and United Nations statements on civilain disarmament, open society institute, where does Soros give his money? Soros has publicly promised to spend 40 million on defeating McCain Palin. What are you doing to stop this? I have commited 1 hour per day going to the liberal blogs and posting the truth about NoBama and Soros. We need your help go to Craigslist politics and flag down the lies about Palin. Visit the Kommie blogs sign up argue back. Call the media demand an investigation into Soros donations. We need this election

Liberty

Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #48

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewalker View Post
imo the last gun ban was a test to see how we reacted. I am convinced that there is a U.N. / Soros sponsored complete disarmament of civilians plan.
There is - and it started under the Clinton Administration - the impetus was the UN Global Disarmament initiative - which, on the face of it, sounds good, like eliminating WMD's - when in fact it was targeting legal "small Arms" sales, meaning legal hunting rifles, handguns, and military surplus guns. John Bolton fought it tooth and nail, which is one reason he is no longer a UN Ambassador! The Liberal Left spun his non-support of the initiative to paint him as a war mongering, uncompromising right-wing loon. And many Republicans fell in with them!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 09-08-2008 at 01:50 AM.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:01 AM   #49

About the bizarre long quote on the previous page, they've never discussed guns or ammo at the churches we have attended, here down south.
If so, my wife would have told me, as she has sung soprano in choirs (now paid to be a 'mercenary') at the last three fairly large churches, and she finds guns very boring (but doesn't know a MN 44 from a Mini 30!).

Where do people get some of those ideas, is it Internet indoctrination by pseudo-intellectuals totally detached from reality?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #50
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Regardless who gets elected, I can asure you he will have much bigger fish to fry than messing with the 2nd Ammendment (at least for awhile). Unites States Citizens are HURTING really bad because our economy is TOTALLY down the toilet. The Economy is TOP PRIORITY bar none! National and International Banks are failing on a regular basis and more to come, un-employment is at a record high since the Great Depression, forclosures are rampid and no end in sight. The stockmarket is on the verge of collapse. Not to mention AIG, Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac, and our illustrious MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR Federal Reserve bail-outs...

It doesn't hurt to "play it safe"...

Forget about your guns right now, and start thinking about where your MONEY is!

I had all of my financials in one place for convenience... NOT ANY MORE! They are split up onto 7 institutions that have NO TIES to mortgage loans & bank cards... and NO affiliations with International agencies.

You need to think about "stock piling" CASH just like you would do with guns and/or ammo...