Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I don't think that is technically legal.

Question 12a asks: "Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form". It's a Yes or No, so from the legal standpoint.....

In the interest of those potentionally reading this, I would definitely suggest checking the laws in your area....

JD
I always thought that someone could buy a gun(answer yes to 12a) and then legally give the gun as a gift as long as the reciepient can legally own a firearm. If not, it's a straw purchase.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #32

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

If they are going to ban them they are not going to come knocking on your door and not ask weather you have any or not. They are going to kick the door down and just take them after either shooting you or beating you to a pulp. Then after they have removed your weapons they will start raping and stealing what ever they want.

So go ahead and buy what you want. You will just be out money if they are banned.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #33

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergus View Post
I always thought that someone could buy a gun(answer yes to 12a) and then legally give the gun as a gift as long as the reciepient can legally own a firearm. If not, it's a straw purchase.
And I wouldn't argue that point with you. I firmly believe that is a fine, and great, thing for say, you, to do for me. A new Nighthawk would be great. Thanks!

The rub may occur when someone with a badge looks at the transaction. I'm not saying one way or the other. Check the laws in your area. Chances are good, if it's a common .22 revolver, or a pump action hunting shotgun, it would never be an issue. Buy yourself a short barreled AR, threaded for a suppressor, with ( 10 ) C-Mags and an M-203, then "gift" that to someone - odds might increase in the scrutiny a bit.

JD

Old 08-16-2008, 03:24 AM   #34

Dillinger,
Good point.
Back to the OT, I plan on buying as many guns as possible that chamber the same round i.e a 7.62x39mm Ruger Mini-30 to go with my SKS, a Henry Big Boy lever action in .38sp/.357 mag to go with my 686/642. I figure the fewer calibers I have to store and reload, the better off i'll be. Now, about my M/N
7.62x54r...

Old 09-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #35

Come on fellas..............Obama said, just the other night, that he was a "supporter" of the Second Amendment. He said it on LIVE TV, so he must have been telling the truth, because we all know that all politicians tell the truth. Now, if he said that then, I feel assured that HE will veto ANY gun control legislation.

PLEASE tell me you all heard the sarcasm in my fingers as I typed that.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #36

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by waroberson3017 View Post
Come on fellas..............Obama said, just the other night, that he was a "supporter" of the Second Amendment. He said it on LIVE TV, so he must have been telling the truth, because we all know that all politicians tell the truth. Now, if he said that then, I feel assured that HE will veto ANY gun control legislation.

PLEASE tell me you all heard the sarcasm in my fingers as I typed that.
Well. He's new - but I kind of like him....

JD

Old 09-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
Supposed we get another mental turnip in office like the last 7ish years?
Now that your great grand kids will be paying off the 'War' that is benefiting no one but big oil...
----------

As for 'Ban' there is no such thing in this country.

To truly 'Ban' a particular type of weapon, you would first have to be an expert in the subject...
And as we all know, there are no 'Experts' on anything in elected offices.

All the legislation is written by special interest groups, and written to benefit those special interest groups...
There is no money in a 'Ban' of anything in commerce, so the real experts will stay out of it. Just like the last 'Ban'...

It will be just like the 'Assault Weapons Ban' of '94.
Temporary (10 years) and was cosmetic.

So instead of any particular firearm type, since Saga and the other AK clones will still be legal,
And since the AR clones will find a way around the 'Ban', there really isn't a problem...

You should stock up on really super high capacity mags, like the 90 round drums, ect.
The 20 and 30 round mags (I rarely use) weren't really affected in the last 'Ban' since everyone stocked up.
All they really did was drive up the price of folding stocks, and gave anyone holding a sock pile of large cap mags a real windfall...

I didn't have any problem with that 'Assault Weapons Ban'.
Prices went up on some particular types of mags, stocks and muzzle appendages, but all that was easily side stepped...
So my 30 round AR mags came from England instead of Taiwan or China.
...Turned out they were better quality anyway since they were real military issue and well worth the extra $3 they cost.

What you are completely missing is,
No insurgency in an occupied country or territory has won because of superior firepower...
Insurgents are guerrilla forces by definition and action, so ambush is the name of the game.
Sniping and ambush 'shoot & scoot' is the name of the game.
Take a long hard look at Viet-Nam '63-'74, Afghanistan '79-'89, and you will find your model for defeating even a superpower, and they were done with rifles just this side of bows and arrows...
Remember, not may modern wars last more than 10 years.
If you can hold out & resist under occupation for 10 years, you seem to win by default...

Afghans were actually MAKING their own rifles and black powder from scratch in the beginning of the Soviet occupation, until they could collect enough battle field pickup, The turn of the century British .303 was considered THE rifle to have before they started acquiring battle field pickup and American CIA started pumping large stockpiles of SKS & AK's purchased from 3rd parties in the region.
AND,
The Viet Cong often used simple bamboo spikes, bows and arrows, ect. against the French/UN and later American forces. No matter what you see in the Rambo movies, most of the rifles used by Guerrilla forces in Viet-Nam were WW II bolt rifles until very late in the war when the Soviets & Chinese supplied large quantities of SKS & AK variants.
You would be amazed how many causalities were inflicted with he WW I Carcano rifles during the French occupation of Viet-Nam...

During WW II, more German/Italian troops were lost to single shot 'Liberators' and hunting rifles/shotguns before the Allied invasion on 'D Day' than the combined French and British armies inflicted in the proceeding years of invasion/occupation.

You should be asking what chemicals/powders/components you should be stockpiling and how to stock pile those for long term storage...
AND,
What 'Common Calibers' of firearms you should concern yourself with...

Specialize in 'Weapons Systems'...
If you are storing/stockpiling 9MM Para bullets and components, then you should concentrate on 9MM cal weapons, and try to keep them in the same family so parts will interchange...

Find out what like minded people in your area are buying and do the same, so your parts and ammo will interchange, and in the event of national emergency, your ammo, firearms & parts are currency, worth more because they are in demand.

If I were going to bet on a 'Gun Ban' this time around,
(and this country is so fickle and misinformed I'm not going to bet on anything!)
I'd bet semi auto hunting rifles in high calibers are going to come through with out a problem.

I'd bet shot guns and shot gun ammo is going to come through unscathed.

I'd bet the AK-47 and clones are going to take a beating because it's the national symbol of Iraq right now.
(Knee jerk, right wing, bible thumping house wives have begun to be able to identify the AK & clones,
Somewhat from the legitimate news, but mostly from the church pumped out crap.

I'd bet the latest round of school shootings are going to give the 'Anti-Gun', suburbanite, 'Militant Mommy Squad' voting block a boost.
You know the ones, that still use 'Saturday Night Special' as a battle cry...

The AR may actually get a boost from the 'War For Oil Rights' since it's seen as a high tech friend of the American soldier that is underpowered and there for is perceived as 'Safer' than the AK clones...
But I'm sure if there is a blanket 'Assault Weapons Ban' again the AR will take a hit along with any other type of 'Military' or 'Black' firearm.

I actually picked up about 70 AK drums at the Machine Gun Shoot this weekend because they were VERY cheap ($35 each in some booths, up to $150 in others for the very same Romanian drums) because I think the RepubLiars don't have a chance, the DemoCraps will wind up the the oval office...
And I'm hoping my 'Investments' will appreciate considerably...
Like my delta drums & 'Pre Ban' AR lowers did during the last cosmetic parts ban...
-------------------------------

I'm thinking the comedian (his name escapes me now) may be correct...

If you paint firearms pink and hang ribbons on them, women will deem them 'Decorative'...
Which is more useful in a woman's world than home defense and putting food on the table!

(although most firearms won't be used for either purpose...)
You don't seem to have much of an opinion of your fellow Americans and especially American women.

---------------------------
John - Miami
KJ4NSE
Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | GCA | ARRL
Why would God invent a thing like Whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Let's say we get a Democrat in office, shudder at the thought, what semi-autos do you feel would have the most value spike post ban?
Stock up on ammo. There are too many firearms in place (200 million plus) for the liberals to simply try to seize them, but if they can ban ammunition who needs to seize guns, they are just paperweights.

John - Miami
KJ4NSE
Why would God invent a thing like Whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Ammo - buy plenty of ammo! If you reload buy brass. primers, & powder. Anything on the books is a legitimate target for confiscation. A new law is being considered to make it a crime NOT to report a stolen gun. It seems they are covering ALL bases in anticipation of a UN sponsored, Obama supported global gun ban.
Amen amen and amen

John - Miami
KJ4NSE

Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Unfortunately too many people DO NOT understand what can happen with an anti-gun Soc!alist in office. And when the '94 gun ban passed, our government had less Liberals in power than it does now. Until it actually happens, no one believes it can happen TO THEM...I can't wait to see the posts and hear the comments after this next election cycle. Maybe that will wake people up, but I doubt it.
Obama is not a So******t. Read his position papers, he's a Marxist.

John - Miami
KJ4NSE