Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolshark13 View Post
excellent point. thats something that never crossed my mind. if they did try to resurrect the assault weapons ban, how would that affect everyone that already has those guns?
Some states required the guns to be registered, as in NY. Some states required they be turned in, as in Ct.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-26-2008, 01:23 AM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolshark13 View Post
excellent point. thats something that never crossed my mind. if they did try to resurrect the assault weapons ban, how would that affect everyone that already has those guns?
When the assault weapons ban was issued before, anything prior to the ban coming into place was "grandfathered in". What that means is the people could keep the weapon in question, in this State ( Washington ) and every other state that I had people in at the time.

I don't know about the more Kommunist States ( Kalifornia, NY, NJ, etc. ) because I wasn't following the activities in those "occupied territories" at that time.

JD

Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
When the assault weapons ban was issued before, anything prior to the ban coming into place was "grandfathered in". What that means is the people could keep the weapon in question, in this State ( Washington ) and every other state that I had people in at the time.

I don't know about the more Kommunist States ( Kalifornia, NY, NJ, etc. ) because I wasn't following the activities in those "occupied territories" at that time.

JD
NY required registration in order to keep them, Ct. required surrender.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
You poor bastards. Not cool....

JD

Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just find it mind-boggling that a state in the USA would require you to surrender something you legally purchased. How could they NOT have grandfathered these legally-obtained items?!? How was there not a class-action lawsuit to stop this?!? I believe you when you say it happened, and I'm not trying to argue that point. I'm just confused on how it was actually ALLOWED to happen?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
I'm sorry, but I just find it mind-boggling that a state in the USA would require you to surrender something you legally purchased. How could they NOT have grandfathered these legally-obtained items?!? How was there not a class-action lawsuit to stop this?!? I believe you when you say it happened, and I'm not trying to argue that point. I'm just confused on how it was actually ALLOWED to happen?!?!?!?!?!?
Prolly 'cause nobody hanged the illegitimate Americans... I mean, stood up to those who passed the law. There are too many evil people in our statehouses today. Makes you wonder how long we'll wait to fumigate....

9x18=Makarov

Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
Unfortunately too many people DO NOT understand what can happen with an anti-gun Soc!alist in office. And when the '94 gun ban passed, our government had less Liberals in power than it does now. Until it actually happens, no one believes it can happen TO THEM...I can't wait to see the posts and hear the comments after this next election cycle. Maybe that will wake people up, but I doubt it.

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-13-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #28

[QUOTE=bkt;10204]You're being very charitable in assuming leftist politicians would grandfather in firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens.

Assuming you're right, I'll answer "all of them". When buying, do face-to-face transactions (keeping it legal, of course) where there is no paperwork involved...QUOTE]

Do you mean buying from a non FFL holder? How do you buy w/o paperwork?

Old 08-15-2008, 01:11 AM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=supergus;36228]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
You're being very charitable in assuming leftist politicians would grandfather in firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens.

Assuming you're right, I'll answer "all of them". When buying, do face-to-face transactions (keeping it legal, of course) where there is no paperwork involved...QUOTE]

Do you mean buying from a non FFL holder? How do you buy w/o paperwork?
Private sales do not require an NICS check, a form 4473, or an FFL transfer. The problem is finding what you want at a garage sale or a private sale, and the guns you buy privately are almost always used. I have several that were purchased from "friends" with no paperwork, but they aren't the guns I really paid a lot for, nor are they the ones I would consider my SHTF guns...the other way around this is to have a friend buy you what you want.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #30

Quote:
the other way around this is to have a friend buy you what you want.
I don't think that is technically legal.

Question 12a asks: "Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form". It's a Yes or No, so from the legal standpoint.....

In the interest of those potentionally reading this, I would definitely suggest checking the laws in your area....

JD