Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I made it through the last AWB even though it was BS from the get go.I have enough stuff already and if another permanent or temporary ban comes around I'll get by.I've never been in to AK's and alike. Closest I have is a Ruger Mini 14. I have 3 or 4 Factory 30rnd mags and a half dozen Factory 20's.I have some hi cap mags for some of my pistols.
I'm not saying it won't happen again or can't but I'm not going to run around in a panic.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

even if a democrat gets elected, how likely is it that they will be successful in making a full on weapons ban? kathleen sebelius (ks, democrat), just made machine guns, sawed off shotguns, and silencers legal. not all democrats are anti gun, and not all republicans are pro gun. it comes down to personal stances on issues. and a president wont be able to get the gun ban through, IMO, due to our system of checks and balances. feel free to banter with me if you feel i am misguided in my thoughts.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #13
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolshark13 View Post
even if a democrat gets elected, how likely is it that they will be successful in making a full on weapons ban? kathleen sebelius (ks, democrat), just made machine guns, sawed off shotguns, and silencers legal. not all democrats are anti gun, and not all republicans are pro gun. it comes down to personal stances on issues. and a president wont be able to get the gun ban through, IMO, due to our system of checks and balances. feel free to banter with me if you feel i am misguided in my thoughts.
What you say is true, but a hard-core leftist Congress -- and it's pretty much there right now but may get worse after the election -- could resurrect the assault weapons ban and tack on a bunch of other provision. A leftist president is a problem because he or she wouldn't veto such a bill.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Instead of buying guns you think they will ban, perhaps we should buy guns they might not ban so we can supply our friends if necessary....

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-18-2008, 02:37 AM   #15

RL357Mag and bkt and all the other members from NY I know your pain, I left my home of 50 plus years in Orchard Park, (20 mi. south of Buffalo), 5 years ago and moved to NC. Totally different world down here for gun ownership, for pistol purchase, go to local sheriffs office hand them your drivers liscense, they do a quick check and you can get 4 pistol purchase permits for $5 ea. Take the 8hr. carry course $50 pay $90 to the sheriff for the background checks, wait 60 to 90 days get your concieled carry permit. Open carry is permitted by anyone, and purchases from private sources are not recorded. No pistols listed on your CCW like NY. John

It's not the size of the dog in the fight-It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
What you say is true, but a hard-core leftist Congress -- and it's pretty much there right now but may get worse after the election -- could resurrect the assault weapons ban and tack on a bunch of other provision. A leftist president is a problem because he or she wouldn't veto such a bill.
excellent point. thats something that never crossed my mind. if they did try to resurrect the assault weapons ban, how would that affect everyone that already has those guns?

Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

After the Heller decision I don't see it happening (frankly, I'm surprised that Commiefornia's laws have not been challenged yet). But if it did, I seriously doubt that they would make it retroactive. They would have to do what they did with the NFA, don't ban it, just write it into the tax code. Taxes- the way the lefties skirt 2A.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-Ronald Reagan

Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #18

I hear that the BMG's are the next target. I'm looking to get one of the Cobb/Bushmaster BA50s in the near future. I hope they will still be available...?

Mossberd 500...

Beretta 96...

Smith & Wesson M&P15T...

Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Affraid that we may be in line for what happened in Australia? I'd buy anything I could get without paper but legally. My favorites would be anything 9mm Nato, 308, .223. After that, it's up to you as if the SHTF, the ammo you have is the ammo you have for anything that cannot be gotten from the opposition.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ammo - buy plenty of ammo! If you reload buy brass. primers, & powder. Anything on the books is a legitimate target for confiscation. A new law is being considered to make it a crime NOT to report a stolen gun. It seems they are covering ALL bases in anticipation of a UN sponsored, Obama supported global gun ban.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"