Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 02:22 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Guns to Buy in Fear of Ban

Let's say we get a Democrat in office, shudder at the thought, what semi-autos do you feel would have the most value spike post ban?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #2

Supposed we get another mental turnip in office like the last 7ish years?
Now that your great grand kids will be paying off the 'War' that is benefiting no one but big oil...
----------

As for 'Ban' there is no such thing in this country.

To truly 'Ban' a particular type of weapon, you would first have to be an expert in the subject...
And as we all know, there are no 'Experts' on anything in elected offices.

All the legislation is written by special interest groups, and written to benefit those special interest groups...
There is no money in a 'Ban' of anything in commerce, so the real experts will stay out of it. Just like the last 'Ban'...

It will be just like the 'Assault Weapons Ban' of '94.
Temporary (10 years) and was cosmetic.

So instead of any particular firearm type, since Saga and the other AK clones will still be legal,
And since the AR clones will find a way around the 'Ban', there really isn't a problem...

You should stock up on really super high capacity mags, like the 90 round drums, ect.
The 20 and 30 round mags (I rarely use) weren't really affected in the last 'Ban' since everyone stocked up.
All they really did was drive up the price of folding stocks, and gave anyone holding a sock pile of large cap mags a real windfall...

I didn't have any problem with that 'Assault Weapons Ban'.
Prices went up on some particular types of mags, stocks and muzzle appendages, but all that was easily side stepped...
So my 30 round AR mags came from England instead of Taiwan or China.
...Turned out they were better quality anyway since they were real military issue and well worth the extra $3 they cost.

What you are completely missing is,
No insurgency in an occupied country or territory has won because of superior firepower...
Insurgents are guerrilla forces by definition and action, so ambush is the name of the game.
Sniping and ambush 'shoot & scoot' is the name of the game.
Take a long hard look at Viet-Nam '63-'74, Afghanistan '79-'89, and you will find your model for defeating even a superpower, and they were done with rifles just this side of bows and arrows...
Remember, not may modern wars last more than 10 years.
If you can hold out & resist under occupation for 10 years, you seem to win by default...

Afghans were actually MAKING their own rifles and black powder from scratch in the beginning of the Soviet occupation, until they could collect enough battle field pickup, The turn of the century British .303 was considered THE rifle to have before they started acquiring battle field pickup and American CIA started pumping large stockpiles of SKS & AK's purchased from 3rd parties in the region.
AND,
The Viet Cong often used simple bamboo spikes, bows and arrows, ect. against the French/UN and later American forces. No matter what you see in the Rambo movies, most of the rifles used by Guerrilla forces in Viet-Nam were WW II bolt rifles until very late in the war when the Soviets & Chinese supplied large quantities of SKS & AK variants.
You would be amazed how many causalities were inflicted with he WW I Carcano rifles during the French occupation of Viet-Nam...

During WW II, more German/Italian troops were lost to single shot 'Liberators' and hunting rifles/shotguns before the Allied invasion on 'D Day' than the combined French and British armies inflicted in the proceeding years of invasion/occupation.

You should be asking what chemicals/powders/components you should be stockpiling and how to stock pile those for long term storage...
AND,
What 'Common Calibers' of firearms you should concern yourself with...

Specialize in 'Weapons Systems'...
If you are storing/stockpiling 9MM Para bullets and components, then you should concentrate on 9MM cal weapons, and try to keep them in the same family so parts will interchange...

Find out what like minded people in your area are buying and do the same, so your parts and ammo will interchange, and in the event of national emergency, your ammo, firearms & parts are currency, worth more because they are in demand.

If I were going to bet on a 'Gun Ban' this time around,
(and this country is so fickle and misinformed I'm not going to bet on anything!)
I'd bet semi auto hunting rifles in high calibers are going to come through with out a problem.

I'd bet shot guns and shot gun ammo is going to come through unscathed.

I'd bet the AK-47 and clones are going to take a beating because it's the national symbol of Iraq right now.
(Knee jerk, right wing, bible thumping house wives have begun to be able to identify the AK & clones,
Somewhat from the legitimate news, but mostly from the church pumped out crap.

I'd bet the latest round of school shootings are going to give the 'Anti-Gun', suburbanite, 'Militant Mommy Squad' voting block a boost.
You know the ones, that still use 'Saturday Night Special' as a battle cry...

The AR may actually get a boost from the 'War For Oil Rights' since it's seen as a high tech friend of the American soldier that is underpowered and there for is perceived as 'Safer' than the AK clones...
But I'm sure if there is a blanket 'Assault Weapons Ban' again the AR will take a hit along with any other type of 'Military' or 'Black' firearm.

I actually picked up about 70 AK drums at the Machine Gun Shoot this weekend because they were VERY cheap ($35 each in some booths, up to $150 in others for the very same Romanian drums) because I think the RepubLiars don't have a chance, the DemoCraps will wind up the the oval office...
And I'm hoping my 'Investments' will appreciate considerably...
Like my delta drums & 'Pre Ban' AR lowers did during the last cosmetic parts ban...
-------------------------------

I'm thinking the comedian (his name escapes me now) may be correct...

If you paint firearms pink and hang ribbons on them, women will deem them 'Decorative'...
Which is more useful in a woman's world than home defense and putting food on the table!

(although most firearms won't be used for either purpose...)

Last edited by AR Hammer; 10-15-2007 at 07:31 AM.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've got an M1A on order. They're on next years ban list for Cali.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

You're being very charitable in assuming leftist politicians would grandfather in firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens.

Assuming you're right, I'll answer "all of them". When buying, do face-to-face transactions (keeping it legal, of course) where there is no paperwork involved. Buy ammo, too, because there are many legislators trying to draft laws banning it. Also, buy parts that wear and fail over time like springs, firing pins, whatever.

In New York, they're trying to ban all .50 cal firearms including muzzle loaders because they're considered "sniper rifles". Anything with a barrel shroud, bayonet lug, pistol grip, removable magazine, collapsible stock, threaded barrel, flash hider, etc. is deemed too dangerous and should be banned outright or severely limited. In New York, the Federal ban that expired in '94 is still with us permanently.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #5

Default All weapon restrictions are illegal and offensive!

I would stock up on military credible firearms, and TONS of ammo. As bkt said, spare parts, mags and roll your own components. Be aware that we can get .223 and weapons from the occupiers if the SHTF.

If you are of a mind, I would recommend buying all the armor piercing ammo you can find in any caliber.

And, most importantly, all the high cap mags you can afford.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Let's say we get a Democrat in office, shudder at the thought, what semi-autos do you feel would have the most value spike post ban?
With one notable exception, the current batch of Goopers are no better.

Member GCO

Old 05-05-2008, 04:13 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
I would stock up on military credible firearms, and TONS of ammo. As bkt said, spare parts, mags and roll your own components. Be aware that we can get .223 and weapons from the occupiers if the SHTF.

If you are of a mind, I would recommend buying all the armor piercing ammo you can find in any caliber.

And, most importantly, all the high cap mags you can afford.

I think youve watched too many zombie movies.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

buy anything that dont look like a normal hunting rifle aka:military

Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Contraray to what some believe, the '94 ban DID have a very debilitating effect on your right to own certain guns. Right before the ban went into effect I was at a gun show and almost bought a Norinco SKS, new in the box with sling & oiler, for $79. I thought to myself "what do I need that POS for?" So I didn't buy it, I bought an FR-8 instead for twice the price. Two weeks later, after the ban, I wasn't allowed to own an SKS. My brother downstate was now required to register his AR-15 or risk having it confiscated. So, while I do now have my SKS ( which now cost me $219, but it's a Yugo) and two AR-15's, there is no guarantee that they will not be taken away, or an attempt made to take them away. You may spend a lot of money (like I did) only to find yourself with weapons that you can no longer legally shoot, unless you have your own range, like me... now I will focus on stocking up on ammunition and powder, bullets, primers, and brass. And if the **** REALLY hits the fan, I am an avid muzzleloader and just as accurate at 100 yds with my .50 & .58 cal. front-stuffers as I am with any centerfire gun. I would rather be hit by an FMJ than a 325 gr conical bullet going at slow speed.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-09-2008 at 02:41 AM.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #10

Any military arms that you can afford ar15's,ak47,m1 garands are just a few examples

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT