Good long distance rifle? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Good long distance rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

1 mile shot on an animal most unethical.I'm sure it was a one shot kill to while running no doubt.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
Neglecting the animal abuse, what you said is completely irrelevant.
it's not irrelevant, you said your budget was about $1200 set forth by your wife, so at the prices for a Barrett chambered in .416, it's way out of your budget. he is feeding you misinformation about something he has no knowledge of. if you are wanting a rifle to shoot long distances, and have a budget of a set amount, then we need to stick to the facts and realistic objectives. when someone makes the statements he did, it's bull poop. now do you want facts or bull poop? your decision. if you want to listen to someone who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about and make your decisions based on BS, then you are setting yourself up for much disappointment.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

??? I don't have a wife (cringes at the thought) and no one set a budget for me. I'm just naturally cheap and won't pay more than necessary. I think what he said is irrelevant because in no way, shape or form is what he said of any use. Did someone mess with my account?

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #44

Quote:
??? I don't have a wife (cringes at the thought) and no one set a budget for me. I'm just naturally cheap and won't pay more than necessary. I think what he said is irrelevant because in no way, shape or form is what he said of any use. Did someone mess with my account?
sorry, i thought you were replying to me. someone posted that their wife limited them to how much they could spend. what he said is irrelevant in the fact he is full of BS. if he is telling the truth, which i doubt, then he is a very unethical hunter and is more harmful to the responsible gun owner and hunter. if not true, then he is a troll and a liar. sorry to have mixed up the posts there Kenney.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #45

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney
Neglecting the animal abuse, what you said is completely irrelevant.
Irrelevant huh??ok then dont ask any one a question then he simply stated price in a real world mind frame. But hey if u wanna join that rambo wanna be troll shootin elk at 1850 haaaaaaaaa bs yards then fork out the big bucks an do it.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My bad, I should of quoted him.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 04-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Bud's offers the first 2 you mentioned at a pretty negligible price difference. Between the two, which wood be better?
Long range stuff isn't really my thing, and I could be mistaken, but I think 7mm shoots a little flatter, so it would be the better of the two. Either would work well though.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 04-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #48

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7

Long range stuff isn't really my thing, and I could be mistaken, but I think 7mm shoots a little flatter, so it would be the better of the two. Either would work well though.

-Fred
My top choices for long range are the .338 laupa or the 7mm ultra mag

Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Both awesome cartridges, but you're getting into high dollar rifles to get one chambered in either.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Both awesome cartridges, but you're getting into high dollar rifles to get one chambered in either.

-Fred
i think either one would be a good choice. and both would be expensive chamberings, and to do any amount of quality trigger time would most likely mean reloading as both would be very expensive ammo bought over the counter!