full auto suggestions? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

full auto suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Do a revokable trust, and leave the LEO out of the mix.
willfully, i just don't really plan on buying a FA weapon anymore as i have grown out of that stage in life and have much more practical uses and types of firearms that interest me now. i don't object to people legally owning FA firearms, and support their desire and right to own such, but personally i haven't the desire to anymore. it was something i checked into over twenty years ago, and we still have the same sheriff, and when checking into the costs of a FA weapon, it just didn't seem worth the hassle. now twenty years later, i have outgrown the desire, and for what one FA firearm costs, i can buy 10-15 really nice and quality firearms. which if i had the money for one FA firearm, i would rather have the 10-15 instead.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #32

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts

The most economical thing you can do to have the "full auto" feel and be legal (and granted check your local laws first) is buy the slide fire stock for an AR-15. They are about $350.00 and legal to own in most places. It will allow you to dump a full beta mag pretty quick. I do not own one so not sure how accurate you can be with one.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #33

Liked 293 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brue182 View Post
The most economical thing you can do to have the "full auto" feel and be legal (and granted check your local laws first) is buy the slide fire stock for an AR-15. They are about $350.00 and legal to own in most places. It will allow you to dump a full beta mag pretty quick. I do not own one so not sure how accurate you can be with one.
If you have ammo to burn (I no longer do) you can learn to bumpfire with a 50cent rubber band even cheaper. I was at a range where a guy had a slide fire. It was fun for a minute, and the minute was gone. With practice, the slide fire can probably help you get a little more accuracy than bumpfiring without it, as it takes almost no skill, but my desire to do the bumpfire thing has waned considerably, probably due to the rising cost of ammo.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #34

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brue182
The SF has been covered in this thread already. It's gimmicky, overpriced, and nothing like real FA. Look at the mechanics of the thing. How accurate do you think it can be with the sights moving around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The SF has been covered in this thread already. It's gimmicky, overpriced, and nothing like real FA. Look at the mechanics of the thing. How accurate do you think it can be with the sights moving around.
The SF has been covered in several threads. Bumpfiring has never been too accurate considering most people doing it are shooting from the hip using the belt loop. The people REALLY good at it don't even need a rubber band, and are getting reasonable shot groups. I can't afford the ammo, much less the stock nowadays, but if someone who does have a few to spend on ammo wants to play, as long as they have a safe place to shoot, I see no harm in letting them have their fun. If I had the money, I would buy a NFA F/A, (after basic, the Army never let me play with machine guns) so I can't really criticize someone for wanting to do the same on the cheap.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

The SF has been covered in several threads. Bumpfiring has never been too accurate considering most people doing it are shooting from the hip using the belt loop. The people REALLY good at it don't even need a rubber band, and are getting reasonable shot groups. I can't afford the ammo, much less the stock nowadays, but if someone who does have a few to spend on ammo wants to play, as long as they have a safe place to shoot, I see no harm in letting them have their fun. If I had the money, I would buy a NFA F/A, (after basic, the Army never let me play with machine guns) so I can't really criticize someone for wanting to do the same on the cheap.
I'll reword it. If you're looking for something to give you the feel of FA the SF is not the way to go. It may fire rounds fast but the commonality stops there.

Just trying to save the guy looking for a FA substitute some dissapointment and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #37

It's cheaper with a rubberband and faster and more accurate. www.poormansmachinegun.com.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
It's cheaper with a rubberband and faster and more accurate. www.poormansmachinegun.com.
That is pretty much what I have been referring to.