Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > full auto suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5308 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by assain618 View Post
are you saying i cant buy a new semi-auto ar-15 from sig sauer and get a tax stamp then make it full auto?
that is correct. you cannot get approval (stamp) for converting a new gun to full auto. if you do it anyway you get 10 years in prison for each converted gun.

if you are a homicidal drug lord the batfe (eric holder and barrack hussein obama) will gladly sell you one, honest citizens get put in prison.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8422 Times on 3652 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

As the folks have said- Only those full autos registered with the ATF by May 1986 can be transferred to a private citizen. No addtional FA's can be registered. A LEGAL, transferable M16 is around $16,000. PLUS the $200 tax and transfer fees to the FFL.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19984 Times on 11361 Posts
Likes Given: 50407

hopefully the OP gets the message that he isn't going to get a legal fully automatic firearm for $1000.

i am going to go out on a limb here and ask this question, why do you feel the need for fully auto firearm? have you ever fired a fully auto weapon? do you even realize how fast they use ammo and how expensive it is to shoot one? plus they are not very accurate when fired fully auto. i have shot several fully auto weapons from time to time, and they are fun to shoot, but from a personal viewpoint, for me they just aren't practical or useful. even most of the military went to 3 burst fire control on their automatic weapons, for better control and better use of ammo. i am not against someone owning them if they have the means to afford one, i am just expressing my opinion on owning one personally, and if given the chance tomorrow to go out and shoot some, i would be there in a second and enjoy every minute spent pulling the trigger.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #14

You can make anything that you can get a registered reciever for. I only have $1200.00 in my m2, which I bought parts at a gun show 35 years or longer years ago, but I have around $18,000.00 in my AK 47 which I bought from a man needing the money about 2 years ago. We just went through a class 3 dealer and had it transferred. The fees cost me three hundred dollars and it was just as easy as getting a ccw. The only difference is they wanted to know why I wanted it, and when I told them I was a collector, they were cool with that. I never got any more questions before I got my weapon, 63 days later.
On the other hand, I got more hassle about buying a suppresser because I had it made and getting something registered that is new takes a little more time and a few visits to homeland security, but I got er done.
If you get caught hunting with one, you will end up in a Federal facility, minus a few thousand dollars and a few years.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
You can make anything that you can get a registered reciever for. I only have $1200.00 in my m2, which I bought parts at a gun show 35 years or longer years ago, but I have around $18,000.00 in my AK 47 which I bought from a man needing the money about 2 years ago. We just went through a class 3 dealer and had it transferred. The fees cost me three hundred dollars and it was just as easy as getting a ccw. The only difference is they wanted to know why I wanted it, and when I told them I was a collector, they were cool with that. I never got any more questions before I got my weapon, 63 days later.
On the other hand, I got more hassle about buying a suppresser because I had it made and getting something registered that is new takes a little more time and a few visits to homeland security, but I got er done.
If you get caught hunting with one, you will end up in a Federal facility, minus a few thousand dollars and a few years.
howdy chewchew! with the high cost of fully auto weapons and that they are getting scarce, it tends to eliminate the wannabe's out of the equation. most of the owners now are serious collectors and with all the red tape and the high costs of owning one, they're are more than likely very responsible gun owners. people who tend to spend many thousands of dollars for fully automatic weapons tend to be older and more mature and understand appreciate the this type of weapon.

now if i had the disposable income to buy any fully auto firearm, it would be a Thompson submachine gun. why? 45 ACP, impractical, hard to control firing fully auto, not the most accurate thing in the world, but oh so much fun to shoot! i had a chance many years ago to shoot one, it took days to wipe the grin from my face!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

I wonder if the BATFE runs any sting operations out of the Corpus Christie area?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
if your budget is only a $1000, it will never happen! plus owning a fully auto weapon is a bunch of paperwork and headaches. you need to check into all the legalities of buying a fully auto weapon first, then look at the cost of those available, they are in the several thousands of dollars. just because you might be able to legally buy one, not all areas are they legal to own. in other words, you can pay the $200 permit fee to the BATF, get a good background check approved by the FBI and get the go ahead, then be turned down by the approving LE official for your county or city. there is also having to go through a class III dealer to get one transfered. it's not easy to buy and own fully auto weapons.
Its no headache, no hassle.

You do your paperwork, send it in, and wait.

The wait is the hard part.

Do you own anything NFA?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8063

Quote:
so, i've been looking around and have decided on maby getting a select fire/full auto firearm for plinking, varmint shooting, and maby target shooting (50 yards-ish). anybody have any suggestions?
oh, and i don't want a .22 -buget is 1grand or less
thanks in advance.
Dang, that is some serious plinking!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #19

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
so, i've been looking around and have decided on maby getting a select fire/full auto firearm for plinking, varmint shooting, and maby target shooting (50 yards-ish). anybody have any suggestions?
oh, and i don't want a .22 -buget is 1grand or less
thanks in advance.
I don't know who you have been talking to but I can assure you that you will not be able to buy a legal full-auto rifle for $1000, not even close. The sellers of these rifles know their numbers are limited and charge BIG bucks for them.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Its no headache, no hassle.

You do your paperwork, send it in, and wait.

The wait is the hard part.

Do you own anything NFA?
actually i have tried and been approved, but due to the current sheriff in office that we have to get approval through won't allow citizens in his county to own fully auto weapons or silencers. maybe next november when the elections are held, we can get a more firearm friendly sheriff. but for now, it's not going to happen, no matter how much money or who's approval i get. so the answer is no i don't, just been down this road before with this.