Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   full auto suggestions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/full-auto-suggestions-57530/)

assain618 02-12-2012 02:35 AM

full auto suggestions?
 
so, i've been looking around and have decided on maby getting a select fire/full auto firearm for plinking, varmint shooting, and maby target shooting (50 yards-ish). anybody have any suggestions?
oh, and i don't want a .22 -buget is 1grand or less
thanks in advance. ;)

mjkeat 02-12-2012 02:41 AM

I may be way way off but you're probably looking at a much larger cost than that.

assain618 02-12-2012 02:45 AM

what i had ment was for the gun itself keeping tax stamp, parts etc. seperate

Axxe55 02-12-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assain618 (Post 705964)
so, i've been looking around and have decided on maby getting a select fire/full auto firearm for plinking, varmint shooting, and maby target shooting (50 yards-ish). anybody have any suggestions?
oh, and i don't want a .22 -buget is 1grand or less
thanks in advance. ;)

if your budget is only a $1000, it will never happen! plus owning a fully auto weapon is a bunch of paperwork and headaches. you need to check into all the legalities of buying a fully auto weapon first, then look at the cost of those available, they are in the several thousands of dollars. just because you might be able to legally buy one, not all areas are they legal to own. in other words, you can pay the $200 permit fee to the BATF, get a good background check approved by the FBI and get the go ahead, then be turned down by the approving LE official for your county or city. there is also having to go through a class III dealer to get one transfered. it's not easy to buy and own fully auto weapons.

Axxe55 02-12-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assain618 (Post 705975)
what i had ment was for the gun itself without full auto.

also going to throw something out here for you to ponder and give some thought to. DON'T even think about taking a semi auto firearm and trying to modify or convert into a fully auto weapon! that equals very serious jail time and huge fines and the loss of ever ownig a firearm forever. i will stress this very strongly, DON'T even give any thought to changing one to fully auto!

JonM 02-12-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assain618 (Post 705975)
what i had ment was for the gun itself without full auto.

converting a new gun to full auto is illegal in the usa. cheapest full auto starts at around 5000$ for a mac10/11 and to over 35000$ for a nice m60 or m2 50cal.

there are drop in auto sears for ar15's HK's and maybe a few others they come in around 8000-10000$

the most versatile full auto is the M16

assain618 02-12-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 705978)
also going to throw something out here for you to ponder and give some thought to. DON'T even think about taking a semi auto firearm and trying to modify or convert into a fully auto weapon! that equals very serious jail time and huge fines and the loss of ever ownig a firearm forever. i will stress this very strongly, DON'T even give any thought to changing one to fully auto!

i am aware of that, but thanks for keeping cautious!:)


also I live in texas if that helps anyone any.

assain618 02-12-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 705982)
converting a new gun to full auto is illegal in the usa. cheapest full auto starts at around 5000$ for a mac10/11 and to over 35000$ for a nice m60 or m2 50cal.

there are drop in auto sears for ar15's HK's and maybe a few others they come in around 8000-10000$

the most versatile full auto is the M16

are you saying i cant buy a new semi-auto ar-15 from sig sauer and get a tax stamp then make it full auto?

jmeekhof 02-12-2012 03:01 AM

I have some stamped receiver (Uzi and grease gun types) in the $2,500 range, but it's a b%^*# to own as was said. In Michigan, you can't hunt w anything class 3. I think you're at a dead end.

Axxe55 02-12-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assain618 (Post 705987)
are you saying i cant buy a new semi-auto ar-15 from sig sauer and get a tax stamp then make it full auto?

no this can't be done. it's not legal to convert any weapon to fully auto. there no new fully auto weapons being made(legally) for sale, thus the high cost of those available for sale. the only ones being made to date are for military and LE use only and not for sale to the general public. you can not convert one to fully auto, legally.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.