Full auto - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Full auto

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugers9 View Post
Great info guys thanks I will put some thought into this maybe try the slide fire I googled it and there are semi- that seem to almost fire FA thanks
another option is to install a lighter weght trigger and it will allow you to fire much faster also.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BlueTurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 1,025
Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I'd rather have $15,000 worth of guns and ammo to play with rather than a firearm that can spit out more ammo in a minute than I can afford to buy in an hour on my job.
Same here. The excitement of the full auto shooting would wear off real quick after it started eating up tons of ammo and money in a very short time. Shooting semi-auto and trying to hit a target far away is more fun and challenging.
__________________
BlueTurf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheOldMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Warner Robins,Georgia
Posts: 1,012
Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Same here. The excitement of the full auto shooting would wear off real quick after it started eating up tons of ammo and money in a very short time. Shooting semi-auto and trying to hit a target far away is more fun and challenging.
I agree 1000%...
__________________

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

TheOldMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rugers9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 202
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default

On to my next question do must ranges offer FA to rent?

__________________
Shoot FastShoot Straight
Rugers9 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugers9 View Post
On to my next question do must ranges offer FA to rent?
no - there are some but not most. I would start calling the ones around you but even the ones that don't will probably be able to tell you which ones, if any, do.
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,866
Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8598

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Not only does it go through the ammo. But unless you know what you are doing you wont hit anything after the first 4 or 5 rounds anyway. It is nothing like you see in the movies.
I do believe renting them is pretty pricey, too. And I guarantee you feeding it ammo will be VERY pricey. But it is definitely fun. When I shot one I put my finger on the trigger and let it fly. The barrel started to rise and I could see Joe stepping towards me to 'rescue' me when I let go of the trigger. Joe smiled nicely and said, "Three shot bursts." ROFL Poor Joe. I can't imagine the cost of shooting so many .45 ACP rounds so quickly. He would not let me pay for anything.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I do believe renting them is pretty pricey, too. And I guarantee you feeding it ammo will be VERY pricey. But it is definitely fun. When I shot one I put my finger on the trigger and let it fly. The barrel started to rise and I could see Joe stepping towards me to 'rescue' me when I let go of the trigger. Joe smiled nicely and said, "Three shot bursts." ROFL Poor Joe. I can't imagine the cost of shooting so many .45 ACP rounds so quickly. He would not let me pay for anything.
There's another issue, as well as the cost of the ammunition. Lets be honest. You're talking about a very expensive firearm. Can you imagine if it needs repair? I would not be interested in taking that to a local smith who has never worked on one before, because we're talking a major investment. I'd have to take it to someone who had a reputation for these types of firearms.
And I'd wager repairing one isn't going to be inexpensive. You'd probably have to get most repair parts custom made.
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 294
Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

There's another issue, as well as the cost of the ammunition. Lets be honest. You're talking about a very expensive firearm. Can you imagine if it needs repair? I would not be interested in taking that to a local smith who has never worked on one before, because we're talking a major investment. I'd have to take it to someone who had a reputation for these types of firearms.
And I'd wager repairing one isn't going to be inexpensive. You'd probably have to get most repair parts custom made.
Why not? Unless the problem is in the fire control group, and most problems are not, then all other parts are the same as the semi auto counterparts. Full auto or semi should matter not to any decent gunsmith.
__________________
ryguy00 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Full auto ar czwicky AR-15 Discussion 21 03-23-2012 02:52 PM
Full auto? jeeperanthony The Club House 6 09-13-2010 08:28 PM
Full Auto Pistol ninevolt Revolver Handguns 7 05-28-2009 07:25 PM
M4 Full Auto wildbillfromca Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 1 04-15-2009 03:48 AM