Full auto - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Full auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugers9 View Post
Great info guys thanks I will put some thought into this maybe try the slide fire I googled it and there are semi- that seem to almost fire FA thanks
another option is to install a lighter weght trigger and it will allow you to fire much faster also.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #22

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I'd rather have $15,000 worth of guns and ammo to play with rather than a firearm that can spit out more ammo in a minute than I can afford to buy in an hour on my job.
Same here. The excitement of the full auto shooting would wear off real quick after it started eating up tons of ammo and money in a very short time. Shooting semi-auto and trying to hit a target far away is more fun and challenging.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Same here. The excitement of the full auto shooting would wear off real quick after it started eating up tons of ammo and money in a very short time. Shooting semi-auto and trying to hit a target far away is more fun and challenging.
I agree 1000%...

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 04-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

On to my next question do must ranges offer FA to rent?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #25

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugers9 View Post
On to my next question do must ranges offer FA to rent?
no - there are some but not most. I would start calling the ones around you but even the ones that don't will probably be able to tell you which ones, if any, do.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Not only does it go through the ammo. But unless you know what you are doing you wont hit anything after the first 4 or 5 rounds anyway. It is nothing like you see in the movies.
I do believe renting them is pretty pricey, too. And I guarantee you feeding it ammo will be VERY pricey. But it is definitely fun. When I shot one I put my finger on the trigger and let it fly. The barrel started to rise and I could see Joe stepping towards me to 'rescue' me when I let go of the trigger. Joe smiled nicely and said, "Three shot bursts." ROFL Poor Joe. I can't imagine the cost of shooting so many .45 ACP rounds so quickly. He would not let me pay for anything.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #27

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I do believe renting them is pretty pricey, too. And I guarantee you feeding it ammo will be VERY pricey. But it is definitely fun. When I shot one I put my finger on the trigger and let it fly. The barrel started to rise and I could see Joe stepping towards me to 'rescue' me when I let go of the trigger. Joe smiled nicely and said, "Three shot bursts." ROFL Poor Joe. I can't imagine the cost of shooting so many .45 ACP rounds so quickly. He would not let me pay for anything.
There's another issue, as well as the cost of the ammunition. Lets be honest. You're talking about a very expensive firearm. Can you imagine if it needs repair? I would not be interested in taking that to a local smith who has never worked on one before, because we're talking a major investment. I'd have to take it to someone who had a reputation for these types of firearms.
And I'd wager repairing one isn't going to be inexpensive. You'd probably have to get most repair parts custom made.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #28

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

There's another issue, as well as the cost of the ammunition. Lets be honest. You're talking about a very expensive firearm. Can you imagine if it needs repair? I would not be interested in taking that to a local smith who has never worked on one before, because we're talking a major investment. I'd have to take it to someone who had a reputation for these types of firearms.
And I'd wager repairing one isn't going to be inexpensive. You'd probably have to get most repair parts custom made.
Why not? Unless the problem is in the fire control group, and most problems are not, then all other parts are the same as the semi auto counterparts. Full auto or semi should matter not to any decent gunsmith.