Frankensteins anyone?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Frankensteins anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Frankensteins anyone?

So I just got this lovely piece of machinery and I was wondering if anyone else has something like this or if everyone on here.... looks down on this sort of behavior...? And yes that is a high capacity mag for 20 rounds, fixed not quick release and yes it is functioning.

2011-08-03-21.43.55.jpg   2011-08-03-21.44.01.jpg   2011-08-03-21.44.09.jpg   2011-08-03-21.44.51.jpg   2011-08-03-21.45.23.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2011, 03:59 AM   #2

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

20 rounds for a bolt action? I don't get it. Not bashing. Just don't get it. How hard is it to lean on something to shoot long distances. I have a Mosin and a Mauser that I shoot for distance. I can't imagine trying to rest on a bag or something with that big mag on it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:01 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Nice looking rifle. Beats the sh!t out of reloading every 5 rounds or so.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

thats pretty sweet. i know there are extended box mags for the 03a3 springfields been keeping an eye on numrich for one of the kits.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default No bags for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
20 rounds for a bolt action? I don't get it. Not bashing. Just don't get it. How hard is it to lean on something to shoot long distances. I have a Mosin and a Mauser that I shoot for distance. I can't imagine trying to rest on a bag or something with that big mag on it.
As far as my potential plans are concerned I wont really be resting my gun on any bags, MAYBE a wall or something for the end of the rifle, but for the most part I am trying to be as proficient as possible kneeling/standing. And doctheroc said, I would much rather reload once every 24 or 25 rounds then every 4 or 5. Oh and it will be a lot easier to not forget where my high cap mag will be since its attached to my rifle

Old 08-07-2011, 03:08 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Looks like an old trench rifle setup from the days of WWI to WWII. Longer magazines were thought up to decrease time spent reloading, and more time shooting.

Be sure to look up the value of that thing. Could be worth something (unless it was obvious that maybe someone put that mag on later).

Old 08-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Sgt Miller, you're back! Glad to see you.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #8

Liked 76 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Trench gun mag out the SGN

that looks like one them trench gun mags advertised in the Shot Gun News, they replace the floorplate with one these new made replicas, in this case its fitted to a beat mauser.
I think you can get them through NUMRICH
Magazine, 20 Round, Detachable - New Manufactured Replacement. German Marked.

50230.jpg