FN SCAR serise rifles despute!!!!!!!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

FN SCAR serise rifles despute!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FN SCAR serise rifles despute!!!!!!!

I am doing this post to get hard facts from people that have owned and operated the FN SCAR series of rifles. My step dad is a deputy and does a lot of off duty work. Well a guy that was on his off duty job site was telling him that he just got out of the army as a ranger and a lot off the guys over there that use the SCAR hate it and its a pile of crap. I totally disagree with this statement. However I do not own one and never have fired one so i thought i would ask the pros here for there input. So if any ex military of serving, even civilians that have the SCAR S can give me there thoughts on the rifles please do so. Thank you all in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

My cousin was SEAL team 2, now team 6, and a shooting instructor at FT Chaffee.

He was one of the guys picked to run this thing through the tests, and said it failed. Everytime FN would "fix" the platform it would still fail.

He is not a fan of the gun, as he saw it fail, and agrees with everyone who says theres nothing wrong with the M4 platform.

NO BS.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post

He was one of the guys picked to run this thing through the tests, and said it failed. Everytime FN would "fix" the platform it would still fail.

He is not a fan of the gun, as he saw it fail, and agrees with everyone who says theres nothing wrong with the M4 platform.

NO BS.
Wow i never would have thought. Thanks for the info this is the kinda of info i am wanting to hear. The research i have done comes up with nothing but high regard for the rifles. I know border patrol is using them now and absolutely love them. I have to agree there is nothing wrong with the M4.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6789 Times on 3609 Posts
Likes Given: 506

my experience with FN products was the M249 SAW total piece of garbage. dunno if this lack of ability to design weapons translates to the SCAR or not. that experience however lead to my present lack of owning any FN weapons. so for me its not a stretch to believe that the scar is junk. if you want the look of the scar and it is pretty cool looking you can do that with a AR fairly easy.

prolly doesnt help but im bored this morning
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Buy a Border Patrol Officer a beer and see what he thinks.

Psalm 138:7

Old 01-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post

He was one of the guys picked to run this thing through the tests, and said it failed. Every time FN would "fix" the platform it would still fail.

He is not a fan of the gun, as he saw it fail, and agrees with everyone who says there's nothing wrong with the M4 platform.

NO BS.
I concur. The FN Scars are not as reliable in their function as first thought and they seem to fail under heavily used conditions, not acceptable in SOF operations.

There is nothing wrong with the M4 platform.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I fired one at a demo last year. It was awfully loud compared to similar rifles.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #8

Thank you all for the posts. Man i got to tell you when i first had seen the SCAR i thought it was the coolest rifle out there, I am a little disappointed, but this is the info i am after. Real world thoughts not brochure reading. Thank you all again.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6789 Times on 3609 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
when i first had seen the SCAR i thought it was the coolest rifle out there
they spent more money making it look hot than making it unction. kinda like pamela anderson, looks good on the outside, cheap chinese plastic on the inside.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
they spent more money making it look hot than making it unction. kinda like pamela anderson, looks good on the outside, cheap chinese plastic on the inside.
That is funny.