fn scar lite - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

fn scar lite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
Umm... yea I'm calling bs on that. The military, starting with the air force is beginning a full integration program with the mk16, mk17, and ACR. Colt recently lost their contract with the military to manufacture M4A1s because of this. One of my PJ buddies is actually qualifying on the ACR right now. They're going to use both systems as interim rifles until a long term replacement for the M16 and M4 platform is found. Also btw they're not glorified ARs at all, the only similarities they have is the 5.56 round and the STANAG 4179 magazine system. Neither uses a buffer tube, direct impengement gas system, or expensive forged reciever. Both SCAR and ACR have burst facilities as well as semi and full auto. Both are completely modular in design. Both are doubly reliable over almost any AR platform outh there. Make sure you know what you're talking about next time ok?

Never Forget.

I agree with 1st Marine.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6784 Times on 3605 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Got nothing to do with hate for them. Its just practicality. 2500-2800$ for an ar15 is a little outrageous.

I would suggest the op go find one and see how he likes the feel. I find them clunky and unbalanced with all the controls slightly off.

Despite interweb myths the military still has not adopted them. A while back the military may have acquired a few and put them in the handsof soldiers for evaluation but thats always been part of the testing the military does with lots of gear. See how durable it is in the hands of soldiers capable of breaking anvils.

I think there are better more durable more reliable more accurate rifles that do the same thing for less.

You can swap out every part on a ar15 with a torque wrench or a punch to suit your needs. Dont like the stock or fore grip on the scar after you buy it?? sorry your stuck with it. Dont like the non reciprocating charging system after all sorry your stuck with it.

About all the adaptability the scar has is changing the color with spray paint.

If you want one go for it. Sounds to me you already made your decision before you posted. When you get one give us some feed back everyone has different tastes and opinions thats what makes forums fun.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
W/ your reputation on this site do you have any supporting documentation to back up your claims?
I know of this one:
Navy to buy additional FN SCAR Mk. 13, Mk 16, Mk. 17 and Mk. 20 | The Firearm Blog

Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Got nothing to do with hate for them. Its just practicality. 2500-2800$ for an ar15 is a little outrageous.

I would suggest the op go find one and see how he likes the feel. I find them clunky and unbalanced with all the controls slightly off.

Despite interweb myths the military still has not adopted them. A while back the military may have acquired a few and put them in the handsof soldiers for evaluation but thats always been part of the testing the military does with lots of gear. See how durable it is in the hands of soldiers capable of breaking anvils.

I think there are better more durable more reliable more accurate rifles that do the same thing for less.

You can swap out every part on a ar15 with a torque wrench or a punch to suit your needs. Dont like the stock or fore grip on the scar after you buy it?? sorry your stuck with it. Dont like the non reciprocating charging system after all sorry your stuck with it.

About all the adaptability the scar has is changing the color with spray paint.

If you want one go for it. Sounds to me you already made your decision before you posted. When you get one give us some feed back everyone has different tastes and opinions thats what makes forums fun.
Price is subjective - I think its worth it!

Yes I suggest to go out and pick one up. Weight wise my DI Colt LE6920 is a little lighter but its got the M203 cut light barrel on it. The SCAR is a very well balanced rifle.
I've grown to really like the reciprocating charging handle - You'll know the status of your weapon just from the position of the chrahing handle AND looking at the ejection port, its nice to also be able to charge the firearm without taking your face off the stock when aiming.

Your not stuck with the stock or foregrip - these things are all interchangeable. I love the color variances - in real life the upper on the SCAR is in Olive Drab out of the factory Its also offered in black by the way.

We can agree to disagree, yes this is a fun forum!

Have a good day JonM.

Last edited by goretro77; 01-21-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #25

Watch out for legality. I know the stock setup in Michigan is considered a short barrel rifle and can't be sold here. The heavy can.