Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > FN Fal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FN Fal

Any one got a an FN Fal ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #2

Default Fn Fal

Had a couple here and in the US. Currently just agreed to acquire a factory refurbished (to new, plastic furniture etc) British L1A1 (inch FAL). Hope to get my hands on a SUIT sight for it pretty quick......

Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

A buddy of mine got a Model 50 not too long ago. Thanks for reminding me to bug him to try it out.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:20 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've got one, but it's not an FN. It's a DSA SA58. It's a great rifle.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I've got one, but it's not an FN. It's a DSA SA58. It's a great rifle.
Could you describe what makes the DSA a great rifle? Are most components forged vs. stamped or MIM? Is it a reliable action? Is it a knockoff of another battle rifle (ex.- CETME to HK91)?

Anyone is welcome to answer .

Thanks,

Dib

Old 04-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Fn Fal

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I've owned a few and uncle Sam provided me with a few FN made Fals! One was a shorter Barreled "Congo" model with folding stock, aonther was an Issue FN FAL from some African Army (Might have been Senegal or Monrovia?) Myself, have owned a few different L1A1, and 1 Home Built Hesse Reciever Model Fal a Buddy sold me, regretfully, I let go of all of them! Time, Money and Travel makes it hard to bring them all home? I did sell on consignment for a fellow a Israli Heavy Barrel model with the bipod on the front, now that one was heavy!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #7

I had 3 DSA SA58 rifles but just sold my medium contour so down to 2. In one of them I have fired about 700 rounds various ammo with no problems at all and I mean no problems. The others I only have about 250 rounds in each with out a flaw. They are solid well-built rifles. DSA bought the prints; parts and manufacturing equipment for the STG 58 rifle from the Austrian contractor (government) when they changed to what they carry now. Most out there are reversed engineered and built on various parts kits. DSA builds part kit guns from the STG58 or new guns called the SA58.
I have 2 current production SA58 both are carbines 16.5 bbl one is a paratrooper with folding stock the other is a standard carbine. The fit and finish is great even for a military weapon. I sold the medium contour model 21bbl because of the weight. I use them for hunting and at the time I thought the heavier bbl would be better. After packing it for 4 years it was to heavy.

From what I have seen from the others they’re some good ones and not so good ones. Most where built on old tired parts kits and not assembled very well.

Have a good one!

Remember:
Plan for the worst, Hope for the best and if you land on your feet running life is good!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #8

Check out www.dsarms.com for more info. on the DSA rifles than I have time to put down on this post. I have a few FAL rifles. I have had many over the years. The DSAs are the best that you will get in the market.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:58 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I somehow missed this thread for a while. I apologize for not responding sooner.

I've probably got around a thousand or so rounds through my SA58 carbine. It fed and ejected perfectly from the first round. I shoot mostly Milsurp ammo, but I have fired a fair amount of Black Hills ammo through it as well.

I've kept is strictly iron sights as it's a battle rifle for me. I group around three inches at 100 yards and at 300 yards in the black for minute of bad guy.

I was seriously considering a Springfield M1A1 and chose the FAL instead. It's my experience that the M1A1 is more accurate and while an excellent rifle, I feel the FAL is more rugged. I'm not sure about any MIM parts, but it's an awfully stout firearm. It's incredibly easy to fieldstrip and quick to clean.

I hope this helps.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams