First (non service issued) personal rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > First (non service issued) personal rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default First (non service issued) personal rifle

Okay, I am looking at buying (As the title states) my first non service issued rifle. I am used to most weapon platforms the US Army has and I have many different weapons that I want, but here is a list narrowed down to Four..

1. Colt LE6920
2. IWI Tavor 21
3. L85A1 (2)
4. M1 Garand

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I went w/ the AR platform when I got out.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #3

Likes Given: 2

Wow, both ends of the spectrum. I'd go with the Colt since you probably know it back to front and then when the bank account recovers grab you a nice CMP M1 Garand with your military ID, you'll get a great deal, especially if you walk in one of their 2 locations in uniform.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #4

I would love a M1 Garand, so I will wait on that.. That was my thinking with the Colt, I picked that model as I want to make it look like the one from I am Legend.. Anyone know what parts I need or links where to get them? I went to the local Gun shop and was told there were none of these models for sale, not sure what he means, but how can I find this rifle?

I even considered going with a FN FAL.. Always loved that rifle too!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodesian View Post

I've got an FN FAL, a PTR-91 G3, a DPMS LR308 Panther AP4, a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 and a 1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand. I love them all and couldnt possible part with any of them. They all have their strengths and weaknesses

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 AM   #6

What about a Galil, how much do they typically run and where can you find them?

Old 07-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #7

Quote:
What about a Galil, how much do they typically run and where can you find them?
Its funny you should ask, a Galil is my TOP priority right now. The CAI Golani's go for $60-$750, the really nice IMI Israeli Galils go for $1200+

Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I would love a M1 Garand, so I will wait on that.. That was my thinking with the Colt, I picked that model as I want to make it look like the one from I am Legend.. Anyone know what parts I need or links where to get them? I went to the local Gun shop and was told there were none of these models for sale, not sure what he means, but how can I find this rifle?

Dont waste your money on all that cheap airsoft crap in those pictures. Take your time, save your money and get quality products.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
Its funny you should ask, a Galil is my TOP priority right now. The CAI Golani's go for $60-$750, the really nice IMI Israeli Galils go for $1200+
Where might I find the IMI Israeli Galil? Money is not an issue, finding what I want is.. The Colt will cost about 1500, but I really like the Galil..

Old 07-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Where might I find the IMI Israeli Galil? Money is not an issue, finding what I want is.. The Colt will cost about 1500, but I really like the Galil..
Gun Broker, you can try the gun shows, but there aren't very many of them. The receiver will say IMI (Israeli Military Industries) or it might be a Springfield Armory gun, those are usually more expensive. And since money is not an issue, go ahead and buy two and send one my way