Firearm prices, past vs present - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Firearm prices, past vs present

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

-okdonk, I just finally got my Daniel defense M4v1 for 1299. Price on their website is now $1799 vs a month ago it was $1599.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnoug
-okdonk, I just finally got my Daniel defense M4v1 for 1299. Price on their website is now $1799 vs a month ago it was $1599.
U got urself a hell heck of a deal! Congrats! Where did u get it? Plus tax n shipping?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #13

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnoug View Post
No kidding I can't buy them dealer direct that cheap!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Impact guns. $35 shipped to Texas. No tax.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnoug
Impact guns. $35 shipped to Texas. No tax.
Nice! Congrats and have fun!

Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #16

Liked 1654 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

The firearm and ammo prices will go up, if we go into a buying frenzy like during the last presidential election. It is all about supply and demand. By the middle of 2009 a lot of the guns and ammo that were bought in the panic reappeared on the secondary market.

I have one more gun to buy before the election, and am flush with the ammo I shoot so I intend to wait it out. When the buying slows the sellers will again be competing for customers. When the sellers are competing the prices drop. Supply and demand.

The fear mongers keep saying that Obama, if reelected, will be personally coming for each and every one of our guns. If you remember 2008, that line will sound familiar. It didn't happen in 2009 and it won't happen in 2013, regardless of the election.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 06-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

NRA is responsible for the hysteria surrounding firearms their coffers are full of peoples donations and since creating hysteria gets them more money they are getting off the wall with their statements...Of coarse the gun dealers have jumped on the bandwagon also..It sells more guns and ammo a lot more cash in their pockets...The Manufactures are loving it because they can raise prices whenever they wish and they have and will keep doing it until this craziness's stops...Many gun here are paranoid and fall for anything...

If Obama was going to do anything with guns it would have been done the first 2 years when the house and senate was democrat...It didn`t happen and it wont happen...

Of coarse long term most all guns will disappear... save maybe the 22 and the shotgun and hunting will be outlawed...It will probably take another 25 years but the whole world will be disarmed and it won`t be just the Democrats doing it here either...you can bet on it..People that think the guns they now own will be grandfathered in and they will be able to keep them are deluding themselves....Almost everything will go..

Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjc
NRA is responsible for the hysteria surrounding firearms their coffers are full of peoples donations and since creating hysteria gets them more money they are getting off the wall with their statements...Of coarse the gun dealers have jumped on the bandwagon also..It sells more guns and ammo a lot more cash in their pockets...The Manufactures are loving it because they can raise prices whenever they wish and they have and will keep doing it until this craziness's stops...Many gun here are paranoid and fall for anything...

If Obama was going to do anything with guns it would have been done the first 2 years when the house and senate was democrat...It didn`t happen and it wont happen...

Of coarse long term most all guns will disappear... save maybe the 22 and the shotgun and hunting will be outlawed...It will probably take another 25 years but the whole world will be disarmed and it won`t be just the Democrats doing it here either...you can bet on it..People that think the guns they now own will be grandfathered in and they will be able to keep them are deluding themselves....Almost everything will go..
The thought is that he will try to do things in his second term through executive orders and international treaties. He could try these things with no fear of hurting his reelection campaign. But you are right a lot if false hysteria not just on gun issues. I personally just buy when time is right for me financially or just to good to pass up.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 muscles to smile. But only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #19

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

The pricing has gone up drastically since Dec 11 . I was buying 1000 rds of .223 steel for $199 to my door , Its now $230 from the same place . PSA's rifles jumped $30 in a month until they quit selling direct to the consumer and started working with dealer direct . Handguns here locally have jumped $15-$30 depending on the model . As we get closer to election time stuff is going to get thinner and higher in price . Im all done until election time is over in hopes of cheaper prices and people looking to unload some stuff around Christmas time . Well unless I find a nice cheap .50 beowolf upper or possibly a .50 BMG bolt action upper

Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #20

Yes i hope these prices rises will be over after the election. At least cool down abit. ;(