Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Firearm identity question please?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Firearm identity question please?

Good evening from the UK.
Could anyone out there please advise if they can help me to identify a Firearm?

Over 20 years ago, I found a gun illustrated from I think, the 1960's. I can no longer identify the arm and would welcome assistance in my search.
I thought I had seen it in Clinton Ezell's book.

The gun was a submachine/machine pistol type piece ( though may have been semi auto only ) with a basic skelleton stock, no woodwork, square section receiver and a pistol barrel which could have been taken from a PO8 Luger. There may have been some sort of raised foresight. The action and grip were all at the front of the assembly.

It fired 9x19 Parabellum ( 30 perhaps 50 rounds ) from a transparent plastic stick magazine, which lay along the top of the receiver ( FN P90 principle ) the rounds being turned through 90 degrees, by a turntable mechanism and then canted downwards to be fed to the breech. Having fired, the empty case was extracted and dropped down through the hollow, AR15 type, pistol grip.

The only name that I can remember from the time, was the Sarvis Forearm Gun, a search has confirmed that this is not the item in question.

If anyone remembers this gun or can offer a name on which I could search, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Pete.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #2

Liked 4451 Times on 2349 Posts
Likes Given: 254

pics would help id it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #3

Liked 7548 Times on 3284 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

Hah! Give me a tough one.

Forearm gun - US 2977703 A - IP.com

Made to be attached to the forearm of a person. Click on the image, and it will take you to the patent application. That the one?

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 03-10-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Was the forearm gun the one made by Wilkinson Arms designed for use by troops while rappelling?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-10-2011, 03:24 AM   #5

Liked 7548 Times on 3284 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

Patented by a gent from Idaho in 1955. And while I HAVE fired a weapon while rapelling (for demo purposes) I will say that it is highly overated. Looks impressive and all Hoo-rah- but try to hit something while running down that wall!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #6

Thank you for the reply C3Shooter.
Your link is the Sarvis Forearm Gun, as mentioned in my OP.
Thank you.