Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   EXTREME!!! AR-15 Dirt Test (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/extreme-ar-15-dirt-test-19256/)

ranger_sxt 10-18-2009 09:05 PM

EXTREME!!! AR-15 Dirt Test

1919A4 10-18-2009 10:13 PM

Youtube. Until it came along, I have no idea that there were so many fat guys who never served in the military yet still consider themselves qualified to try to argue with or otherwise school men who were/still are. :rolleyes:

Seriously though--why is almost every guy with a gun on Youtube a fatbody? Can someone explain that to me? :confused:

mrm14 10-18-2009 10:54 PM

Take a Springfield M-14/M1A, M1Garrand, or AK bury the rifle in pea soup mud for about a month dig it up shake it out clear barrel for safety and shoot. They near will always shoot. Try that test with a AR action and see what you get.

canebrake 10-18-2009 11:06 PM

WOW, a dirty AR that shoots!

This guy needs to spend some time in the sandbox instead of utube.

That's just dis-respect for your weapon. Obviously more money that brains.

What was that our resident philosopher said?

"The stupid it burns."

Dillinger 10-18-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 175379)

"The stupid. It burns!"

Fixed it for you....

JD

canebrake 10-18-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 175381)
Fixed it for you....

JD

Uhhh......JD......ummmm........check Tango's siggy?

Dillinger 10-18-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 175387)
Uhhh......JD......ummmm........check Tango's siggy?

Right. Tango. As the source for punctuation and grammar?

Okay.

Have it your way.... :rolleyes:

JD

Grey 10-19-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1919A4 (Post 175360)
Youtube. Until it came along, I have no idea that there were so many fat guys who never served in the military yet still consider themselves qualified to try to argue with or otherwise school men who were/still are. :rolleyes:

Seriously though--why is almost every guy with a gun on Youtube a fatbody? Can someone explain that to me? :confused:

Too much money and too much bacon.
They can afford food and guns...its just plain weird.

canebrake 10-19-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 175395)
Right. Tango. As the source for punctuation and grammar?

Okay.

Have it your way.... :rolleyes:

JD

No, not the source for punctuation and grammar, the source for the quote.

What was that our resident philosopher said?

"The stupid it burns."

JD, you got your monthly visitor?

ranger_sxt 10-19-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1919A4 (Post 175360)

In this case, the tester (Sinistral_Rifleman) is qualified because he has put more rounds down-range in a 5 day class than my entire company in the Army did in one year. Every weekend he is shooting some sort of competition. He is invited annually to the Ft. Benning 3-gun match by the Army Marksmanship Unit. He has a lot of trigger time, and finds the arguments that ARs are unreliable or finicky to be complete falsehoods perpetuated by people who buy bottom of the barrel crap or do not clean or lube their rifles.

And as far a being "fat," he would still pass the Army's taping...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrm14 (Post 175373)
Take a Springfield M-14/M1A, M1Garrand, or AK bury the rifle in pea soup mud for about a month dig it up shake it out clear barrel for safety and shoot. They near will always shoot. Try that test with a AR action and see what you get.

What exactly would that prove? What sort of situation would you find yourself in that you need to dig your gun out of a mud puddle weeks later?