Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..." - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

I dunno, I think I could make it work. To your question, a lot of the people who have registered full auto's have mag fed guns, so this might be something they would find worthwhile. Most belt fed guns are open bolt, and most civilian owned registered auto's are closed bolt.
Understood and agreed. But losing the mobility of a shoulder fired weapon? If you were converting a barret 50 to belt fed and it had to be mounted to the stand, well nobody wants to carry that around anyway. But an ar/ak needs to be mobile. Thats the whole point of it.

Im just trying to understand the situation where a conversion to belt fed (awesome) would be worth losing your mobility???

Old 09-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #82

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
Understood and agreed. But losing the mobility of a shoulder fired weapon? If you were converting a barret 50 to belt fed and it had to be mounted to the stand, well nobody wants to carry that around anyway. But an ar/ak needs to be mobile. Thats the whole point of it.

Im just trying to understand the situation where a conversion to belt fed (awesome) would be worth losing your mobility???
Being the devils advocate, the ability to turn your full auto assault rifle back and forth from a crew serve weapon might be an asset to consider for someone in that type of environment. Admittedly, it would have limited uses, but for a squad trying to cut a pound or two off their load, every option should be on the table.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

Being the devils advocate, the ability to turn your full auto assault rifle back and forth from a crew serve weapon might be an asset to consider for someone in that type of environment. Admittedly, it would have limited uses, but for a squad trying to cut a pound or two off their load, every option should be on the table.
Roger that. But the person who posted the link to the modification said he would take that mod over the slide fire stock mod. That, in itself, is fine, but therefore he is left with a semi auto. Even if he did add a slide fire stock, it wouldnt work while mounted to a tripod. A belt fed auto is a great thing. Im not knocking the belt fed conversion. Im curious to know when a stationary belt fed semi would be preferrable to a basically select fire mobile weapon. Especially when the weapon in question is the same and the caliber is also the same.

In other words, why does this poster feel that a belt fed semi is more useful than a select fire rifle? Im not knocking or judging his opinion, just curious about it.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
Roger that. But the person who posted the link to the modification said he would take that mod over the slide fire stock mod. That, in itself, is fine, but therefore he is left with a semi auto. Even if he did add a slide fire stock, it wouldnt work while mounted to a tripod. A belt fed auto is a great thing. Im not knocking the belt fed conversion. Im curious to know when a stationary belt fed semi would be preferrable to a basically select fire mobile weapon. Especially when the weapon in question is the same and the caliber is also the same.

In other words, why does this poster feel that a belt fed semi is more useful than a select fire rifle? Im not knocking or judging his opinion, just curious about it.
Not really a big fan of any belt fed weapon, and I agree with you that belt feeding a semi not really useful. I am thinking he probably has an NFA registered auto, as that is the only real application for a belt fed gun. Funny he didn't show it being fired. As far as the slide fire not working with a tripod, it would be kinda tricky, but I could probably make it work, especially with an AK, as they have more recoil. I know a bipod didn't stop me from bumpfiring my AR one bit with a rubber band. With all this being said, I can't afford either device at this time, so I won't be able to try it out.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #85

I think i found the most compelling reason to buy a slidefire. Someone in another thread found a youtube vid of a guy who put it on his M&P 15-22 and made it bumpfire .22LR with minimal effort. A lighter trigger, some lube, and file the slidefire to accomodate the proprietary trigger guard is all it took.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #86

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default .45, 7mm, S&W M&P15, Slide Fire and Tannerite

We had a watermelon and some time to kill so we thought we'd try out a couple new toys. The watermelon makes it's grand exit at the end. The plywood tabletop didn't fare so well either. Check out our video and feel free to share it with your friends...

Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #87

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Waste of money and a good way to get a laugh out of everyone watching you. They're laughing at you not with you. I saw the aftermath of one of those at the indoor range. Torn up target system.
But if you had the money to waste you would have one. Yes, as you say, I wasted about $380 on one but it is fun to shoot and well worth the price. I have seen people tear up the target system with a handgun.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret

But if you had the money to waste you would have one. Yes, as you say, I wasted about $380 on one but it is fun to shoot and well worth the price. I have seen people tear up the target system with a handgun.
Joe Q. Public can tear up a target system just by looking at it. Seriously, a grenade would do less damage

Old 10-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #89

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What this thread needs is some clean up to get rid of the "arrogance and all knowing" posts.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #90

it won't do any good. there is no filter to prevent @ssholes and others who like to put down a product they've never used based on absolutely nothing other than made up experience. they claim to be pro 2a but they view guns with the same mentality that the anti's do. if they don't personally like or want it, then it should not be available to anyone else either. i've got mine and i enjoy it. if they don't like it, eff em