Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrause2010 View Post
The you tube video shows a first time user keeping good control of the weapon. It's not for me but I bet they will sell a few. I am surprised that they are still legal.
Good control and sight alignment? Not trying to pick but there is a difference.

I am one for not caring what others do and would like to see the tax stamp go away but I do agree that the Slide Fire should vanish.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #42

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

He was keeping control of the weapon in the video. I don't know about his sight alignment. I wouldn't be worried standing next to a sensible, (safe), shooter while he used this thing. Full auto/rapid fire is permitted at my local range, (Pearl River, LA). I predict problems with untrained and immature novelty seekers using this item. I also suspect that gang-bangers will snatch these up for a cheap and easy rapid fire conversion.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #43

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrause2010
He was keeping control of the weapon in the video. I don't know about his sight alignment. I wouldn't be worried standing next to a sensible, (safe), shooter while he used this thing. Full auto/rapid fire is permitted at my local range, (Pearl River, LA). I predict problems with untrained and immature novelty seekers using this item. I also suspect that gang-bangers will snatch these up for a cheap and easy rapid fire conversion.
Point sexactly, immatures... Give all a bad rap...

Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I got one of these things to try out and it's pretty neat I guess. It's not very hard to control at all. (I shoot in short bursts to gain better accuracy) Less than one magazine and I was able to keep whole magazines on target at about 20-25 yards. (never shot any further than that last trip out). I agree that someone with little experience with F/A firearms could screw it up pretty bad for everyone else. In my personal opinion a fully automatic is more controllable in short bursts then the slide fire. Seems to me to have a different feeling recoil than a true full auto.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #45

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Umm you guys do realize that you can fire both an ar-15 and a sks just like this with out the slide fire thingy right? Its called bump fire. Yeah its a little bit harder but it can be done. I do it with my dads sks all the time. I do it in bursts and can stay mostly on target even if I do it from the hip(the easiest way with a sks). Yes it is totaly pointless but I just do it for fun. I have never been able to shoot a full auto gun so that is as close as I can get. Yes I do shoot my guns to train to get better and faster with them but guess what some times I also use them for entertainment. Thats all this thing was ment for and thats the only reason I ever bump fire that gun. Its because its FUN. All of you people getting all butt hurt should just calm down this thing is just a toy.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #46

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
Umm you guys do realize that you can fire both an ar-15 and a sks just like this with out the slide fire thingy right? Its called bump fire. Yeah its a little bit harder but it can be done. I do it with my dads sks all the time. I do it in bursts and can stay mostly on target even if I do it from the hip(the easiest way with a sks). Yes it is totaly pointless but I just do it for fun. I have never been able to shoot a full auto gun so that is as close as I can get. Yes I do shoot my guns to train to get better and faster with them but guess what some times I also use them for entertainment. Thats all this thing was ment for and thats the only reason I ever bump fire that gun. Its because its FUN. All of you people getting all butt hurt should just calm down this thing is just a toy.
Well yeah bumpfiring is essentially what it does just not having to hip fire it but yeah

Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #47

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

why not save that 300bucks for ammo or another tool...& fab up one of these http://youtu.be/_3y2Cp0pKwA both are a waste & super ghey,enjoy!

Last edited by m72law; 03-20-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #48

[QUOTE="mjkeat"]

What's a controlled range? Shouldn't anyone shooting any firearm exhibit control? If someone is unable to control a firearm they should not be firing a firearm. If you are unable to use an indoor range you shouldn't be shooting outdoors either. Maybe if we policed our community a little better we wouldn't have such opposition.

Gimmicky play devices have no place on a firearm. If someone wants to play I suggest paintball or airsoft.[/QUOTE

^^^^^^^^^REPUBLICAN^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #49

Joking of corse....

Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #50

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

What's a controlled range? Shouldn't anyone shooting any firearm exhibit control? If someone is unable to control a firearm they should not be firing a firearm. If you are unable to use an indoor range you shouldn't be shooting outdoors either. Maybe if we policed our community a little better we wouldn't have such opposition.

Gimmicky play devices have no place on a firearm. If someone wants to play I suggest paintball or airsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUNTTrauma72 View Post
^^^^^^^^^REPUBLICAN^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUNTTrauma72 View Post
Joking of corse....
I'm not affiliated w/ any political party. I just want the best man/woman for the job regardless of religion, color, party. The only thing I care about is the success of this nation.

Edit: and the complete destruction of the Slide Fire

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."