Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You're not quite understanding the point I was making. I never said it couldn't be done, I said there was more to it than that. Besides that you should know exactly what I'm talking about when I say the 2 are nothing alike.
See that's the thing "there's more to it..." "you should know..." aren't arguments or new information or...anything. I read last few pages of you and dude goin rounds, but honestly didn't learn a thing from someone (you) who obviously knows whats up. The issue isn't that people don't understand. Its that you do understand but won't share what you know.

I'm not tryin to pick a fight, I just wanna learn something. All due respect, If your answer to that is "google it" then maybe you are just here to piss people off.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Or we could all agree to disagree and just not talk to each other you both have diffrent opinions and thats ok

Old 03-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I dont disagree. Im on mjkeats side. I think the slidefire is a gimmicky toy that could f up your rifle. I...like some other people might like to know why its a gimmicky toy. Maybe it wont f up your rifle. Maybe everything I thought I knew about full auto firearms is completely wrong. Im just gonna guess and say it is. there.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #34

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m

I understand where your coming from but i also understand that its designed to simulate full auto fire that is how i would pretty much sum up the slide fire stock is that it simulate full auto fire i think alot of people on this thread are being nit picky about words and how something is said i think we can all agree that there is a diffrence in a genuine full auto and a semi auto with a slide fire stock but the slide fire stock does SIMULATE full auto
It's already been said, IMO it is not a simulation on F/A fire.

I have gone into a little more depth in some of the million other posts on this thing and will leave it at w/ the way the sight moves around and the manner that you have to manipulate the firearm itself it is a system flawed by design. Add to that the people in general who purchase this thing and you have big fat fail.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

It's already been said, IMO it is not a simulation on F/A fire.

I have gone into a little more depth in some of the million other posts on this thing and will leave it at w/ the way the sight moves around and the manner that you have to manipulate the firearm itself it is a system flawed by design. Add to that the people in general who purchase this thing and you have big fat fail.
I think the dam thing is retarded to but to each his own i reckon

Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #36

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Take the situation that happened at the range I go to. Some guy showed up w/ one of these things and shot up the mechanical target system. What attitude to you think everyone that witnessed the event have toward the Slide Fire? A very negative one. We're talking about gun guys. What do you think the attitude of anti gunners would be if they saw that happen? Not only that but what happens next time someone shoots up the target system? I can see the range going to slow fire, a shot every 3-4 seconds, get me a pillow please.

It goes beyond my feelings and those of everyone I have ever talked to. Not only that but the majority of the people I have shot w/ can put more rounds, faster and in a fist size group than that toy could ever come close to doing.

Maybe I'm to practical but I like to forward movement when it comes to my shooting ability. Cutting a circle out of the center of a target is enjoyable, shooting the ceiling and everything forward of the firing line is not.
First part understandable yes id be pissed and tell the mothersucker to control his damn gun! We know theres allways insensible people with everything... But with reguards to your last paragraph, yeah that kind of inaccuracy IS one thing that would irritate the piss out of me. Ill keep my adjustable stock while im at it anyway.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I watched the you tube demonstration of the slide fire stock. It looked like an easy to use gimmick for increased rate of fire. I guess if your weapon was not designed for full auto fire it might wear out quicker. Relax. I'm not calling it full auto. The stress on the weapon is probably very similar to full auto. Don't bother attacking or insulting me. I don't represent myself as a gun wizard, guru, genius, etc..Maybe someone should clearly state the drawbacks to this device. Wasn't that the point of this thread?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #38

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler

First part understandable yes id be pissed and tell the mothersucker to control his damn gun! We know theres allways insensible people with everything... But with reguards to your last paragraph, yeah that kind of inaccuracy IS one thing that would irritate the piss out of me. Ill keep my adjustable stock while im at it anyway.
That last paragraph of mine kinda fizzled. These threads are ridiculous and large in number.

What I meant is I get great pleasure out of watching my shooting improve. Faster, tighter, easier, just like my women.

I shoot for fun but in the grand scheme of things I shoot to become more proficient. I like to know in most cases I'll have the advantage over most who venture to enter my home or attempt to bring harm upon others in my presence.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #39

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrause2010
I watched the you tube demonstration of the slide fire stock. It looked like an easy to use gimmick for increased rate of fire. I guess if your weapon was not designed for full auto fire it might wear out quicker. Relax. I'm not calling it full auto. The stress on the weapon is probably very similar to full auto. Don't bother attacking or insulting me. I don't represent myself as a gun wizard, guru, genius, etc..Maybe someone should clearly state the drawbacks to this device. Wasn't that the point of this thread?
They have been stated.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The you tube video shows a first time user keeping good control of the weapon. It's not for me but I bet they will sell a few. I am surprised that they are still legal.