Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..." - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Never ceases to amaze me when people who are advised to adopt a thick skin, meet an opinion contrary to theirs...strong as it may be...then wanna just throw up their hands, take their ball and go home.

There is an ignore feature. Use it. I like keat, and Quentin, AND (although I don't agree with him sometimes) hell, even Billt. And that's not a dig at you cattledog...you just happened to mention him.

If you can't stand the debate, or agree to disagree, then maybe this isn't the place for you anyway.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat
Cattledog, MJ is just a troll that they let hang around for way too long for some reason. Anytime someone mentions fun or a cheap AR that doesnt meet his specs, he's there to trash it and you, and rain on your parade. I don't know why I wasted my time posting on this thread knowing he was involved. The only one on here that agrees with him is quentin, and personally I think they have thier hands down each others pants. I'm done here due to this douchebag. Mods, delete my account please.
I completely agree with you. I couldn't have described his egotistical and combative style better myself. I've been watching this guy insult forum members since I started here. I suspect that this forum is the only place that he can flex his muscle. He probably doesn't have much control or influence anywhere else. I can't imagine he has many friends either. You shouldn't let bullies drive you off the playground. Just a thought.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My weakness is people thay defy logic. This tool is one. Any claim he makes he doesnt back up even when asked to provide evidence, and he pisses on everyone with a different opinion. You can't argue with stupid people man. They will pull you to their level and beat you with experience. Its not worth it to me.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

Sounds like a dr phil episode

Old 03-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
mostly out of boredom ....some curiosity. Mjkeat, are you just generally opposed to full auto weapons or is it the fact that the slide fire requires a "knack" to operate. Opposed to just shouldering the weapon an controlling the trigger (normal FA). Personally, the thought of having to apply forward pressure, aim, trigger and control rise is too much to deal with on the slide thingy.
If you have been reading the posts in this thread you would know I have a background in F/A firearms.

There is a lot more to operating a F/A firearm than shouldering it and depressing the trigger.

Maybe this is the issue behind this discussion. You guys don't understand the function of a real F/A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Cattledog, MJ is just a troll that they let hang around for way too long for some reason. Anytime someone mentions fun or a cheap AR that doesnt meet his specs, he's there to trash it and you, and rain on your parade. I don't know why I wasted my time posting on this thread knowing he was involved. The only one on here that agrees with him is quentin, and personally I think they have thier hands down each others pants. I'm done here due to this douchebag. Mods, delete my account please.
If by troll you mean honest as to keep the misinformation to a minimum regardless of the damage then you described me to a T.

I think anyone here would be hardpressed to locate a post in which you were helpful of contributed other than to say, "nice looking firearm." If that is the kind of forum this is it has sure changed since I signed up. At one point there was a nice knowledge/technical base here. It has unfortunately been replaced w/ "cool rifle" and "how do I mod this rifle I have yet to shot." And lets not forget, "I have 30 rounds through this rifle it is very reliable."

Maybe if we all were part of the "parts is parts" or "badass mag dump bro, pass me another beer" crowd there wouldn't be any disagreeance. Hell, lets just high five, do our secret hand shake, and cheer each other on our latest Olyimpic Arms purchase.

And for the record a lot of people like quality firearms and the ability to manipulate them on a higher level. I'll show you my PM inbox

Sorry to hear you're moving on. But before you go, what does Eite Combat stand for?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-19-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #26

Default Slidefire stock(holy cow!)

I've seen it on YouTube(FPSRUSSIA,Hickok45),I'm thinking of installing one on mine.let's hear abouts it, if you have it or hate it.....

Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

If you have been reading the posts in this thread you would know I have a background in F/A firearms.

There is a lot more to operating a F/A firearm than shouldering it and depressing the trigger.

Maybe this is the issue behind this discussion. You guys don't understand the function of a real F/A.

If by troll you mean honest as to keep the misinformation to a minimum regardless of the damage then you described me to a T.

I think anyone here would be hardpressed to locate a post in which you were helpful of contributed other than to say, "nice looking firearm." If that is the kind of forum this is it has sure changed since I signed up. At one point there was a nice knowledge/technical base here. It has unfortunately been replaced w/ "cool rifle" and "how do I mod this rifle I have yet to shot." And lets not forget, "I have 30 rounds through this rifle it is very reliable."

Maybe if we all were part of the "parts is parts" or "badass mag dump bro, pass me another beer" crowd there wouldn't be any disagreeance. Hell, lets just high five, do our secret hand shake, and cheer each other on our latest Olyimpic Arms purchase.

And for the record a lot of people like quality firearms and the ability to manipulate them on a higher level. I'll show you my PM inbox

Sorry to hear you're moving on. But before you go, what does Eite Combat stand for?
I was a saw gunner in iraq and i could shoulder it and fire it if i had to short burst is how its done

Old 03-19-2012, 03:32 AM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
I was a saw gunner in iraq and i could shoulder it and fire it if i had to short burst is how its done
You're not quite understanding the point I was making. I never said it couldn't be done, I said there was more to it than that. Besides that you should know exactly what I'm talking about when I say the 2 are nothing alike.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6035 Times on 3164 Posts
Likes Given: 433

im combining all slidefire topics into one as i run across them and moving this thread to the semi auto section and renaming it. we dont need a zillion threads about these stupid things

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

You're not quite understanding the point I was making. I never said it couldn't be done, I said there was more to it than that. Besides that you should know exactly what I'm talking about when I say the 2 are nothing alike.
I understand where your coming from but i also understand that its designed to simulate full auto fire that is how i would pretty much sum up the slide fire stock is that it simulate full auto fire i think alot of people on this thread are being nit picky about words and how something is said i think we can all agree that there is a diffrence in a genuine full auto and a semi auto with a slide fire stock but the slide fire stock does SIMULATE full auto