Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..." - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Slide fire stocks

I found a website that is selling slide fire stocks with three free Promag magazines, and it seems like a pretty good deal. I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with it. I'm wondering if it's worth the money.

Here's the link to the stock:http://www.webyshops.com/Promotions/SlideFire-AR-Free-3x-30-round-Magazine-Promotion/

Old 07-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #142

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh2689 View Post
I found a website that is selling slide fire stocks with three free Promag magazines, and it seems like a pretty good deal. I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with it. I'm wondering if it's worth the money.

Here's the link to the stock:http://www.webyshops.com/Promotions/SlideFire-AR-Free-3x-30-round-Magazine-Promotion/
Its a fabulous $350 money / ammo waster

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #143

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

If you want to waste your ammo why waste you money too?
If you put that money into a light weight trigger so you can bump fire your AR easily and improve your long distance shooting with a light trigger pull.
Up grade your gun don't down grade your stock.
Here is the 3 Lb. single stage adjustable trigger I use.
http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:ar-15-single-stage&catid=18:ar-15-single-stage&Itemid=6
It is about half the price of a slide-fire stock.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #144
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7154 Times on 3916 Posts
Likes Given: 14505

Seems like a bargain for the (nearly) automatic experience if you have the desire.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #145

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I'd skip the bumper and Promags and get ammo and PMAGs.

7.62 said it well with "upgrade your gun don't downgrade your stock".

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 07-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Cool deal if it's just for fun and you afford to burn through the ammo.

I'm not sure I could afford that ammo bill, and I wouldn't put this stock on anything but a fun/plinking/screw around gun. My advice would be to avoid if this is your go-to gun. But if you've got a stable of ARs and won't balk at the idea of burning 30rds in a couple seconds, go for it!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #147

Liked 222 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 299

The mods moved all the slide fire posts to this thread:
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/everything-slidefire-thing-goes-up-60197/
I liked firing one, as it is a lot easier than a rubber band, but I am a lot like most of the guys right now in that I can't afford ammo waste like I use to. About as close as you can legally get to the real deal, and you don't have to mortgage your house to own the weapon, but buying ammo is another deal. Unlike the rubber band, you can also use it with a .22LR AR. Just get a light pull trigger and grease the stock. I beleive the mfr just came out with a slide fire for the 10/22 recently. That ammo is getting scarce and expensive as well.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #148

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

IMO get a nice trigger and brake for about the same money and shoot almost as fast and waaaaay more accurately.

Something like a Geissele S3g, SD3G, Hi Speed, Wilson Combat 3g, Timney, AR Gold, etc etc.

I really can't say much more tho, they've been deemed illegal by the DoJ of Kommiefornia.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #149
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

My opinion of them after trying one the answer is! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
A total waste of money. As 7.62 mention a good two stage trigger will give almost the same effect. I can put a vast amount of rounds downrange and have more control and accuracy!
When you see the flick of Jerry Miculek competing with a full auto AK with his semi-auto AR-15 and you can not tell which fires the last shot it kind of proves the point. It is all in practice and efficiency. Secondly I do not want to waste my valuable ammunition in that manner!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 07-19-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #150

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

I had 1. I would suggest you let this offer pass. They are a lot of fun right when you get it but after you waste all that ammo you've been stockpiling it loses its allure. The stock isn't really functional for any practical use as you can't really aim well while bump firing and when the stock is locked into semi position you can't easily reach the safety switch without moving your hand from the grip. It's definitely more of a novelty item than something for normal use.