Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Dumb question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/dumb-question-75749/)

AndyRexia 11-06-2012 01:32 AM

Dumb question

Like the title says. Are there kits for building a m14/m1a? I'd love to have one but cant afford one outright. I would like to be able to buy it in pieces and assemble it if possible. If possible, how difficult would it be? Thx in advance for any responses/suggestions.

Marlinman 11-06-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Like the title says. Are there kits for building a m14/m1a? I'd love to have one but cant afford one outright. I would like to be able to buy it in pieces and assemble it if possible. If possible, how difficult would it be? Thx in advance for any responses/suggestions.

Yes its possible but they cost almost as much as a complete m1a. Unless you are a class III ffl/manufacturer you can't own or build a m14. As to how hard it is-its actually pretty easy. Might require some wood working skills depending on your stock

AndyRexia 11-06-2012 01:40 AM

I dont mind if it cost the same, just as long as I'm not paying it all at once. Im sorry, I wasnt clear. I meant a semi m14 (if there is such a thing). I dont know much about them but I want one and I want to learn. Where would be a good site for the parts?

Marlinman 11-06-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

I dont mind if it cost the same, just as long as I'm not paying it all at once. Im sorry, I wasnt clear. I meant a semi m14 (if there is such a thing). I dont know much about them but I want one and I want to learn. Where would be a good site for the parts?

Springfield arms is where I get mine. The kits are all one package. A semi m14 IS a m1a.

AndyRexia 11-06-2012 01:58 AM

Ok ty. I was looking at Smith Enterprises Inc. They sell individual parts which would help with expense. I guess I need a list of every part I would need to build an m1a from the ground up. I cant afford to buy one of the kits all at once either.

Marlinman 11-06-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Ok ty. I was looking at Smith Enterprises Inc. They sell individual parts which would help with expense. I guess I need a list of every part I would need to build an m1a from the ground up. I cant afford to buy one of the kits all at once either.

Ya they are a good company. I can build one but I'm not even gonna try and list the parts. Ask bearwe, or m14rocks

AndyRexia 11-06-2012 02:06 AM

Ty for your help.

Marlinman 11-06-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Ty for your help.

Your welcome. His name is m14srock

JTJ 11-06-2012 02:10 AM

Start a bank account and put in $20 or whatever a week or month or pay period. If it is in the bank you wont be so tempted to tap it. You could even make an auto deposit. Hang a picture on your fridge and do a countdown. Maybe pick up an accessory on the side every so often.

Chainfire 11-06-2012 09:40 AM

It was not a dumb question. The only dumb questions are the ones we don't ask.