Does anyone own an ACR? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Does anyone own an ACR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

A BCM is one coming from Jon

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #12

Lol.. One last question.. What exactly are the differences better a bushmaster AR-15 and the Remington R-15? Is it just the camo finish or what?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5921 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidShooter123 View Post
JonM:
What ar 15 would you recommend for 2,500?
if you REALLY just gotta spend that then larue pof bcm colt daniel defense and a slew of others really dpends on what your going to do with it. with that sort of spending limit you might try to land a colt LE901 that shoots 308 and can accept any standard ar15 upper. that one is on my must have list

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
A BCM is one coming from Jon
:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidShooter123 View Post
Lol.. One last question.. What exactly are the differences better a bushmaster AR-15 and the Remington R-15? Is it just the camo finish or what?
the name basicly. remington and bushmaster if im not mistaken are both owned by the same conglomerate company. i just cant see spending that much money for a ar15 that has no aftermarket support. but hey if you just want one go for it.

im just lending you my personal opinion and i highly recomend holding one in your hands before you buy one sight unseen. i personally cant stand the ergonomics of both the scar and acr. they feel clumsy to me. everything feels like its a half size too big. the scar for me doesnt shoulder well.

everything that makes the ACR an adaptive combat rifle like the add-on 25mm launcher and military grade thermals etc is not available to the public. so there really is nothing you can "adapt" to the gun yourself.

there are a couple of folks here that have both of those and simply love em. so take my opinion for just what it is an opinion of some guy on the interweb

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

if you REALLY just gotta spend that then larue pof bcm colt daniel defense and a slew of others really dpends on what your going to do with it. with that sort of spending limit you might try to land a colt LE901 that shoots 308 and can accept any standard ar15 upper. that one is on my must have list

:P

the name basicly. remington and bushmaster if im not mistaken are both owned by the same conglomerate company. i just cant see spending that much money for a ar15 that has no aftermarket support. but hey if you just want one go for it.

im just lending you my personal opinion and i highly recomend holding one in your hands before you buy one sight unseen. i personally cant stand the ergonomics of both the scar and acr. they feel clumsy to me. everything feels like its a half size too big. the scar for me doesnt shoulder well.

everything that makes the ACR an adaptive combat rifle like the add-on 25mm launcher and military grade thermals etc is not available to the public. so there really is nothing you can "adapt" to the gun yourself.

there are a couple of folks here that have both of those and simply love em. so take my opinion for just what it is an opinion of some guy on the interweb
Thank you for you opinion! I will start researching on the AR's! I'm preferring not to spend top dollar. Thanks again!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #15

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

If I wanted a high end AR, I would go with a Noveske. they have Vltor uppers and are very nice.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
If I wanted a high end AR, I would go with a Noveske. they have Vltor uppers and are very nice.
I'm liking the VTAC 16".. The chrome barrel is very attractive on this.lol

Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #17

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

The Ruger ARs are nice... and in that price range.
I like the ACR (deluxe folder) in every aspect except it requires a tool to break down. The SCAR and AR do not.

6523654181_d80cc6f49f_z.jpg

Old 08-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #18

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

OP, glad you came to your senses since the ACR really doesn't make much sense over a quality AR. JonM said it best, it's just "a $2700 Bushmaster".

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have a pof
I like it

Old 08-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #20

Likes Given: 1

Picked one up (acr) last year for a little over 1600.00. I like it a lot. Accuracy is good, right now I have an eotech with a magnifier. The range I shoot at is only 100 yards, so I'm not sure of it's performance beyond that. Probably fired about 1500 rounds through it and no problems. Looked at a scar, post purchase so I might be a tad biased. Didn't really care for the feel, it is lighter though. In retrospect I should of opted for an M1a, I like 308/7.62. Can't say I'd shell out 2700.00 for any plastic gun, acr included.