Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Dillon M134 Gatling Gun (minigun)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Dillon M134 Gatling Gun (minigun)

Some friends and i were discussing the Dillon M134 Gatling Gun (aka the minigun) and just out of curiosity i was wondering IF a civilian could "acquire" one and how much they cost! If anyone maybe knows id really like to know!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2009, 05:02 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have an old buddy of mine who lives in Arizona he own's one of these. I haven't talked to him in 2 years but he paid a lot of money for that thing. From what I remember he tweaked with it a bit and he has the licence to have it. I honestly don't know where or who he got it from but knowing how Arizona is with guns that state would be your best bet on MAYBE finding a private seller. Good luck friend but don't make yourself any promises.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:15 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

ANY post-1986 full auto can't be owned, unless you are a police dept, government (like the army), or you are a class III FFL holder (a VERY hard license to obtain). Any pre-1986 full auto can be owned by most US citizens with some extra paperwork and a $200 tax stamp.

Many full auto weapons can be modified to be semi-auto only, and then they are much easier and cheaper to own, regardless of the year of manufacture. These are the general rules for owning a firearm. State laws can also factor in...

Now, how do you actually find one for sale? Well, i think a guy on the weaponeer website had/has one, but don't expect to go in there and just start asking questions. Those guys are a bit paranoid and will assume any FA questions from a new member are secretly coming from an ATF officer trying to trick them. They really are a paranoid bunch, but can build guns from scratch and are filled with helpful building and modding knowledge...

Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My best bud has a mini. I havent seen it yet, just in photos and the pintle mount in his dually. Definitely the guy in the fighting position to my left when the zombies attack.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #5

O yeah! I'm certainly not in any position to be able to afford the gun! Let alone spend the 750 dollars a minute it costs to play with it! I was just curious, cause i know you see on TV allot these people that have em mounted on suburbans and old ass Humvees and such (i.e. Mythbusters and Monstergarage on the discovery channel)! So i figured they couldn't possibly be THAT hard to come by! It would obviously just be the legalities and finances stopping me!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

If you Google it, you can find a few for sale. They usually sell for upwards or $250k though. You can buy 10 M60s for that.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglesscrow View Post
O yeah! I'm certainly not in any position to be able to afford the gun! Let alone spend the 750 dollars a minute it costs to play with it! I was just curious, cause i know you see on TV allot these people that have em mounted on suburbans and old ass Humvees and such (i.e. Mythbusters and Monstergarage on the discovery channel)! So i figured they couldn't possibly be THAT hard to come by! It would obviously just be the legalities and finances stopping me!
don't forget that a lot of people on tv may have access to movie prop houses. A recent SGN issue had a feature on a canadian prop house that had every gun under the sun.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #8

Thats true! I guess i didn't really think about the prop houses and such!