Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Difficult question!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Difficult question!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any international gun (ASSAULT RIFLES) manufacturer with no presence in the usa market??????????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Define your parameters.

How many guns do they have to produce to be a manufacturer in your question?

How do you define "presence in the USA market"

Example: H & K produces several weapons that are not available for sale in the US civilian market ( 416 & 417 ), but they have other models that are available for LEO and Military sales ( MP series ).

Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #3

I would consider a manufacturer, for example one "factory" which could produce more 200 weapons of each model of their catalogue, the catalogue could be only one type of weapond in different calibers.

Related to the presence in the USA market, I would consider that HK for example has presence, perhaps not with every model but they have presence. I am thinking about a company with absolutely no presence.

Thanks for the comments

Old 04-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Name one arms company in the world, I can guarantee you that they've sold, at least, a few small arms type weapons in the US.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

To my knowledge, neither of one of these : Sayyad and Siavash have any presences in the U.S. Both are manufactured in Iran, and are clones or copies of other rifles, mostly sniper rifles, but I am guessing that they also have assault weapons that are made in Iran from both countries that only sell to close by countries in the Middle East. ref: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/13/report-iraqi-snipers-iranian-rifles/

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #6

Liked 912 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 566

Interesting question. Difficult to prove, though, as defined by the OP's "absolutely no presence." I assume we're talking strictly small arms?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8623 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Would assume that will include the National armories of places like China, N. Korea, Libya, Iran, etc etc.

Inasmuch as a true "assault rifle" is capable of full auto fire, none can be sold to a private citizen in the US if made after May 1986.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
...Inasmuch as a true "assault rifle" is capable of full auto fire, none can be sold to a private citizen in the US if made after May 1986.
Interesting point your brought up and I happen to have just stubled across this web link that maybe "trusts" which are not corporatons nor actual citizens may be able to make post 1886 full auto weapons. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/16/atf-inadvertently-open-door-machine-guns-trusts/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_conten t=2014-05-21&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 05-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #9

Liked 912 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 566

Mmmm, that is not my understanding. Plus, something that the govt. thinks you "may" be able to do is probably not something you want to try. And there would be the problem of a seller agreeing with you and willing to take a chance selling you post '86 something. Goood Luck.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 204 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Might have found one. Myanmar Heavy Industries makes the EMER K-1 assault rifle. I can
find no current or past presence in the US.

Question is tougher than it looks. A lot of the assault rifle manufacturers may not have a presence in the
US in the firearms industry--but they are here in other industries. Example: EMEC is also a manufacturer
of assault rifles for Myanmar---but they have a US presence in testing/monitoring equipment for water treatment.