Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Custom ACR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/custom-acr-49490/)

GregTheHun 10-08-2011 04:46 AM

Custom ACR

Just curious, I've been looking around for ages now and haven't found anything yet.

Does anyone if there's a way to build a custom ACR similar to:
Bushmaster Presents - ACR

I know that a lot of parts come from Magpul, such as the stock, but didn't know if there were any other places for parts to build one.

Thanks all. ^_^

JonM 10-08-2011 12:42 PM

Just stick a moe foregrip and one ofthe magpul stocks on a ar15 and your lightyeqrs ahead of a acr in terms of adaptability, weight, and ergonomics. The acr is a solution looking for a problem. Magpul futzed it up by handing it off to bushmaster.

Other than the grips the recievers are propietary your not gonna find them outside bushmaster. All the external stuff is magpul.

They look cool as hell. But looks is the least important factor when i go rifle shopping.

GregTheHun 10-09-2011 05:19 AM

Well, I think the main reason why I wanted to build one is that I though that maybe I could save some money here and there if I built one.

But I think the real draw is from what's being marketed from Bushmaster is the reliability.

I've always been a big fan of the AK system and I would like to change the barrel on the ACR to a 7.62x39 if I get one. (If civilians are able to get it)

The benefit to me however, is that I get reliability of an AK with the AK ammo and rails on the ACR platform that just looks freaking cool. (Which is nice to have and you can't tell me that that isn't a reason you buy a gun)

Please respond, thanks. ^_^

MrWray 10-11-2011 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have alot of Magpul accessories on my stag 5.56 ,even the 3 point sling. Magpul is the best in the industry. IMO of course

Attachment 33726

mjkeat 10-11-2011 03:31 AM

I agree that Magpul messed up by handing it off to BM.

I feel that the 7.62x39 is an alright round but there are better. I would stick to an AK for that round?

GregTheHun 10-11-2011 04:23 AM

I have to agree the 7.62 is not the greatest for distance, but the way I would use that round is for CQC.

For me, if I were a soldier, I would rather use three different guns for different purposes. That would long distance, CQC, and a backup just in case.

I would love to own an AK, but the problem is that I would like to have a rail option above where the trigger is so that a red-dot sight would be in a more natural place.

Seems like a silly argument, but I also like how it is able to change things and go from 5.56 to 7.62 easily. If I could do something similar with an AK, any site links would be appreciated for rails that can be attached on the top dust cover of an AK. A way to add a foregrip would be great too.

Then I wouldn't need the ACR. :D

mjkeat 10-11-2011 03:45 PM

Google is a great way to find answers to many of the questions you have.

Midwest Industries makes a couple different options. Primry Arms has a great combo deal on the MI mount.

Atteroarms.com has a real nice mount.

RSREGULATE has a cool mount as well.