Civilan marksmanship program
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Civilan marksmanship program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Civilan marksmanship program

Has anyone purchased a rifle though their website? From what I understand is that they mail you the gun and you dont have to go thru a FFL. I know you have to be a member of one of their clubs, I'm in the military so I guess that qualifies me as a member. They have M1 grande, M1 Carbine, M1903 and Enfields.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2011, 03:34 AM   #2

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Believe that's correct...The Civilian Marksmenship Program has a Congressional exemption from BATFE gun transfer laws. As long as you qualify according to their charter they will ship directly to you, no FFL or C&R required.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #3

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle
Believe that's correct...The Civilian Marksmenship Program has a Congressional exemption from BATFE gun transfer laws. As long as you qualify according to their charter they will ship directly to you, no FFL or C&R required.
Holy crap, I did not know this. I may have to take advantage sometime.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:47 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

Well, you had better do it quick. They are out of general sale carbines, 03's and 1917s. They still have some carbies for auction. The supply of Garands is getting smaller. Go to their website for CMP.com.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #5

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Unless congress does something - CMP will be history soon. Its my understanding that there are 1,000's upon 1,000's of Garand's in South Korea, that they want to return to us (From our previous lend lease programs), but our current government has said NO !

Maybe things will change in the future.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

ROK did not want to return rifles, they wanted to SELL rifles. However, they did not OWN them- they were on LOAN to them.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #7

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
ROK did not want to return rifles, they wanted to SELL rifles. However, they did not OWN them- they were on LOAN to them.
Do you have a link to this info ?

Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #8

Bought one about a year ago a garand special. An awsome gun. Check out the website. odcmp.com you can look at elgbilty requirements