CETME Flash Hider HELP!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > CETME Flash Hider HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default CETME Flash Hider HELP!

I just purchased a Century CETME Sporter on the cheap and I am replacing the plastic furniture with a refinished wood set. I would also like to add a flash hider/suppressor but the barrel is NOT threaded. Is there an aftermarket hider that attaches with set screws?? How hard/expensive would it be to have the barrel threaded??

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Not sure. You can manually thread the barrel if you find someone with the right set up. I borrowed one from a member of another online gun community to do my SAR-1 at the time to install a slant brake. Maybe someone here has the setup. Took two of us - one to hold the rifle and me to torque on it. Other than that, I guess a convo with a smith is in order?

There seems to be some pretty knowledgeable smiths on the site. I will look up what threading it was that I used - what flashhider are you looking to install?

Here it is - looks like it was 14/1
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7869/picture022ni.jpg

Last edited by Agent_H; 12-13-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added a link

Old 12-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #3

Honestly I would be happy with one of the surplus CETME or G3 flash hiders on the market for $8-$12. I don't want to put too much more money into the gun, as its only a century

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 12-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #4

Liked 1421 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Find the cheapest one you like, drill it to slip over the barrel and find someone with a mig welder and just tack it in place.

With the correct tack weld it will be fine and you can always remove it with a pipe wrench to return it to stock condition.

Hey, "...its only a century..."

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 12-15-2009, 04:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Find the cheapest one you like, drill it to slip over the barrel and find someone with a mig welder and just tack it in place.

With the correct tack weld it will be fine and you can always remove it with a pipe wrench to return it to stock condition.

Hey, "...its only a century..."
This is true, good call cane. Will the tack weld look sloppy??

Old 12-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Read up on section 922r. If your Century had US "Black Widow" furniture and no flash hider, then you are already into Federal law violation territory by installing imported wood furniture.

You can install a FH IF you replace enough imported parts with US made ones. You will need several new trigger group parts and a Thermold magazine (counts as 3 US parts).

Did your rifle come with the Century Muzzle Loudener (Brake)? If so, the barrel is threaded.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #7

No its not threaded, I think I'm just gonna forget about the flash hider, from what I hear they aren't worth a damn anyway unless I pay almost as much as i paid for the gun to get a good F.H. and then have the barrel threaded.

How is putting wood furniture on the gun in violation with federal law? Almost all aftermarket composite stocks for every other major rifle are made over seas anyway.......

Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 AM   #8

Just wanted to toss up a photo of the CETME with its new clothes on.

img_1777.jpg   img_1781.jpg  

Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
How is putting wood furniture on the gun in violation with federal law? Almost all aftermarket composite stocks for every other major rifle are made over seas anyway.......
Because the law doesn't apply to your average Remington 870, 700, etc aftermarket stocks for sale. Those can be made in China and not cause a problem for the owner. It applies to the imported firearms, like all the milsurp stuff - Ak's, Cetme's, etc. They can't have more than ten non-compliant parts groups on them. The rule makes very little "real world" sense, but you have to follow it regardless.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #10

You need to buy or borrow a 15MM X 1 die with a TAT (thread alignment tool),and you can thread it yourself in five minutes.Go register at military firearms.com and ask about it.