canada's laws
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > canada's laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default canada's laws

It's absolutely stupid that Canada has an automatic fire arms ban law, I mean sure it might have helped with SOME crime but semi autos do as much damage as their auto counterparts
Please leave your responses and opinions

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah, tell me about it man... I live in California same thing If not worse. Weve gotta put a bullet button on the semi autos and can't have more than 10 rounds in the magazine.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoooth308
Yeah, tell me about it man... I live in California same thing If not worse. Weve gotta put a bullet button on the semi autos and can't have more than 10 rounds in the magazine.
I moved from southern California to south Louisiana a couple of years ago. I was so happy to remove that ridiculous bullet button and buy some real magazines. So Cal has the market cornered for beautiful girls and wonderful weather. Because of stupid gun laws and out of control immigration I will never move back.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #4

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrause2010

I moved from southern California to south Louisiana a couple of years ago. I was so happy to remove that ridiculous bullet button and buy some real magazines. So Cal has the market cornered for beautiful girls and wonderful weather. Because of stupid gun laws and out of control immigration I will never move back.
That must be a big change!

Canada is notorious for being anti-gun

Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I work in the maritime industry so there is plenty to do in the Gulf of Mexico and the Inland Waterways. South Louisiana has it's own charm and the people definitely know how to have fun. I would still like to visit Canada some day. Regardless of their draconian gun laws.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #6

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Canada isn't actually that bad. We don't need to have a bullet button or any other way of dropping a magazine except do the standard release. Only thing that you guys have on us is the fact you guys can buy a full-auto and a suppresser. That's the only real things that you've got on us.....also the fact you (in some states) don't have any magazine regulations. In Canada we can only have 5rounds for a semi-auto center fire.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #7

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

In case you are un-aware of it, we in the US also have a full auto ban as well, however with a $200.00 tax stamp, a 4 to 6 month wait, a set of finger prints, the OK from the local PD (Sherrif), an FBI background check and restricted travel, you can spend anywhere from $9,000 (USD) to $15,000 (USD) for a fully automatic weapon or just buy a semi-auto AR-15 with 30 round mags for around $650.00 (USD) and avoid all the hassle.

Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 03-26-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

We have high cap bans in my state still. I have a class A license for high cap but my clips have to have been in this state in 1994.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Canada isn't actually that bad. We don't need to have a bullet button or any other way of dropping a magazine except do the standard release. Only thing that you guys have on us is the fact you guys can buy a full-auto and a suppresser. That's the only real things that you've got on us.....also the fact you (in some states) don't have any magazine regulations. In Canada we can only have 5rounds for a semi-auto center fire.
Dang 5 rounds, what's the fun in that.

Stay safe, stay Second Amendment.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:41 AM   #10

Default 5 rounds!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
As a former resident of Canada, I really felt 'under the finger' of the government. And for a semi-auto shooter, having that 5-round limit is alot like telling a Harley Davison fan he is limited to a Schwinn 3-speed pedal bike!