Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   canada's laws (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/canadas-laws-60482/)

ZmbieWolf 03-18-2012 06:11 AM

canada's laws

It's absolutely stupid that Canada has an automatic fire arms ban law, I mean sure it might have helped with SOME crime but semi autos do as much damage as their auto counterparts
Please leave your responses and opinions

smoooth308 03-18-2012 07:22 AM

Yeah, tell me about it man... I live in California same thing If not worse. Weve gotta put a bullet button on the semi autos and can't have more than 10 rounds in the magazine.

pbrause2010 03-18-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoooth308
Yeah, tell me about it man... I live in California same thing If not worse. Weve gotta put a bullet button on the semi autos and can't have more than 10 rounds in the magazine.

I moved from southern California to south Louisiana a couple of years ago. I was so happy to remove that ridiculous bullet button and buy some real magazines. So Cal has the market cornered for beautiful girls and wonderful weather. Because of stupid gun laws and out of control immigration I will never move back.

Rarity 03-19-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbrause2010

I moved from southern California to south Louisiana a couple of years ago. I was so happy to remove that ridiculous bullet button and buy some real magazines. So Cal has the market cornered for beautiful girls and wonderful weather. Because of stupid gun laws and out of control immigration I will never move back.

That must be a big change!

Canada is notorious for being anti-gun

pbrause2010 03-19-2012 06:33 PM

I work in the maritime industry so there is plenty to do in the Gulf of Mexico and the Inland Waterways. South Louisiana has it's own charm and the people definitely know how to have fun. I would still like to visit Canada some day. Regardless of their draconian gun laws.

kaido 03-26-2012 04:17 AM

Canada isn't actually that bad. We don't need to have a bullet button or any other way of dropping a magazine except do the standard release. Only thing that you guys have on us is the fact you guys can buy a full-auto and a suppresser. That's the only real things that you've got on us.....also the fact you (in some states) don't have any magazine regulations. In Canada we can only have 5rounds for a semi-auto center fire.

bigjim 03-26-2012 06:47 PM

In case you are un-aware of it, we in the US also have a full auto ban as well, however with a $200.00 tax stamp, a 4 to 6 month wait, a set of finger prints, the OK from the local PD (Sherrif), an FBI background check and restricted travel, you can spend anywhere from $9,000 (USD) to $15,000 (USD) for a fully automatic weapon or just buy a semi-auto AR-15 with 30 round mags for around $650.00 (USD) and avoid all the hassle.

Jim

mountainman13 03-26-2012 09:07 PM

We have high cap bans in my state still. I have a class A license for high cap but my clips have to have been in this state in 1994.

The5Last5Rebel 03-27-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido
Canada isn't actually that bad. We don't need to have a bullet button or any other way of dropping a magazine except do the standard release. Only thing that you guys have on us is the fact you guys can buy a full-auto and a suppresser. That's the only real things that you've got on us.....also the fact you (in some states) don't have any magazine regulations. In Canada we can only have 5rounds for a semi-auto center fire.

Dang 5 rounds, what's the fun in that.

SgtFury 04-29-2012 02:41 AM

5 rounds!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 751903)

As a former resident of Canada, I really felt 'under the finger' of the government. And for a semi-auto shooter, having that 5-round limit is alot like telling a Harley Davison fan he is limited to a Schwinn 3-speed pedal bike! :rolleyes: