Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Bushmaster AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bushmaster AR15

Im planning on purchasing one and I just wanted your opinions on this brand/model of rifle as far as accuracy,durability,reliability,longevity and price. Id appreciate any info.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethole View Post
Im planning on purchasing one and I just wanted your opinions on this brand/model of rifle as far as accuracy,durability,reliability,longevity and price. Id appreciate any info.
I purchased a BushMaster Patrolman AR-15 a couple months ago and could not be happier with it. If you wanted to you could build a better rifle for the same money. For a turn key AR I think it is a good weapon for its price point.

You will get alot of different opinions on this subject, good and bad. I got mine from CTD for under $900. I have put 500 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. The gun is very accurate as with most AR-15's.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #3

Thanks for the info guy. Im going to purchase one tommorow. I appreciate it!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I bought 2 bushmasters in 1999 and have not had any "real" issues with them. If I had to tweek something, I would suggest a slightly better bolt carrier. Again, I have not had a problem but I shoot my rifle alot and I know that the gas key is a area where many ar rifles are being upgraded.

Ammo ( My bushmaster likes)
IMI
Federal AE
Seller&Bellot

Ammo (does not like)
Wolf

Mags (Likes)
USGI 20's
USGI 30-green followers
Bushmaster 30's
Pmags
HK Mags

Last edited by TelstaR; 05-31-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #5

glad to hear that telstar. Thanks . Im definitely going to buy one tommorow.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Make sure to shop around. Often times (most of the time) you can find more quality/value for the same price from a more respected manufacturer. Check out BCM they make one of the best rifles on the market for under $900. Much better than BM.

You also wont have to worry about ammo. A BCM will eat anything you feed it. They dont have the quality control issues like some other manufacturers.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #7

Since the Bush Master ar 15's were all out of stock at the two gunshops where I shop at I might check into other brands I guess. Im actually trying to find the best so I figured bushmaster cause I heard alot of reviews so I might just go to the Gun Shop and order one. What is the best brand and best bang for your buck for AR 15's? . Im just itching to get my hands on one.

Last edited by bullethole; 06-03-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
Since the Bush Master ar 15's were all out of stock at the two gunshops where I shop at I might check into other brands I guess. Im actually trying to find the best so I figured bushmaster cause I heard alot of reviews so I might just go to the Gun Shop and order one. What is the best brand and best bang for your buck for AR 15's? . Im just itching to get my hands on one.
You can't go wrong with Bushmaster I have had mine for 3 or 4 years now without ANY problems it eats anything I have run through it I have used Wolf ammo without failure but I bought it real cheap and once I shot it all up (1,500 rounds) I won't buy it again it's hard on AR's. My brother in law he's retired and pretty much spends his day re-loading and working on his collection. Between the 2 of us we probably run through a 1,000 rounds a month, he has much better AR's then mine, but bullet for bullet mine shoots as good as his Daniel Defense, LaRue or his prize Noveske, we hit the same targets so I thinking for me A Bushmaster is as good as any and better when you compare prices. Go get one

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 06-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #9

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
The upper of my shortie (10.5") is a Bushmaster. The only problem I had with it was that the gas key was not properly staked and the screws came loose making it a single shot when I didn't need it (middle of a 3 gun match). That was a probblem with a batch of bolts a few years back and has been taken care of by Bushmaster. Mine was fixed in a few minutes and since then it has been 100%.

Bottom gun:

Old 06-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Your best value in ARs is Bravo Company Manufacturing Bravo Company USA, Inc. AR-15, M16, M4 Tactical Gear, Parts, Accessories.. Their gas keys are properly staked as are their castle nuts. Not only that but they make their rifles out better materials and to spec. For under $900 you can have one of the best ARs made. Go to m4carbine.net and you'll quickly understand the quality and value that comes w/ BCM.

I also like Daniel Defense but they are a couple hundred more. DD is awesome and their barrels are CHF. They make everything in house as well.

I personally wouldn't put my money down on a BM. They are over priced, inconsistently manufactured and are known to have problems from the factory. You should never have to work on a new AR to get it to function properly. I have yet to visit a forum that isn't flooded w/ BM horror stories, either cust service or their products.

Last, steel ammo is not hard on ARs. Is simply a BS wifes tail. Some ARs have a hard time running steel ammo due to being poorly made and out of spec. Out of spec tight chambers and being out of time (wrong buffer) are usually the culprits.