Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Bushmaster ACR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/bushmaster-acr-66873/)

Venom 06-21-2012 11:14 PM

Bushmaster ACR

I've been looking on buying an ACR I've priced them at about $2,000 does anyone own one and tell me whether or not they're worth the $. I've held one but never fired and it felt like one of the most solid builds and most of Bushmaster's stuff ive seen I like

Sniper03 06-21-2012 11:56 PM

Venom,

I do not like to bash products but I would spend my money on something else!

Venom 06-22-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Venom,

I do not like to bash products but I would spend my money on something else!

And why's that?

sputnik1988 06-22-2012 12:04 AM

Watch this LOL. language warning
I would get an FN SCAR before an ACR

Sniper03 06-22-2012 12:16 AM

As I stated I do not like to bash products. I am an instructor and try to stay away from that issue. But a year or more ago they had a total national recall on the ACRs and sent out a warning in the industry that If a person owned one not to shoot it before they contacted the factory. The other issue is confidence in the Bushmaster product since they have had so many quality control issues and problems throughout the years with their weapons. Some very recently. I guess with that said knowing a little about the history I have mentioned, when it came to spending in the area of $2000.00 on a Bushmaster product I would look into something else with a better track record. I am not saying there are not those who have had great luck with their Bushmaster which I am sure some have. But once a manufacturer gets to be known for issues it would be hard for me as it is others to spend hard earned money on one! Only some thoughts!
Hopefully some of the very knowledgeable people here on the Forum can contribute more to their experience and exposure to the ACR! At least those with enough knowledge and experience with the weapon system and have fired them enough to prover reliability and not just a mag or two.

Venom 06-22-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988
Watch this LOL. language warning
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs
I would get an FN SCAR before an ACR

HAHAHAHAHAHA that's amazing and it's funny you say Scar because that was my second choice any how I've looked at two and they feel pretty good

Venom 06-22-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

As I stated I do not like to bash products. I am an instructor and try to stay away from that issue. But a year or more ago they had a total national recall on the ACRs and sent out a warning in the industry that If a person owned one not to shoot it before they contacted the factory. The other issue is confidence in the Bushmaster product since they have had so many quality control issues and problems throughout the years with their weapons. Some very recently. I guess with that said knowing a little about the history I have mentioned, when it came to spending in the area of $2000.00 on a Bushmaster product I would look into something else with a better track record. I am not saying there are not those who have had great luck with their Bushmaster which I am sure some have. But once a manufacturer gets to be known for issues it would be hard for me as it is others to spend hard earned money on one! Only some thoughts!
Hopefully some of the very knowledgeable people here on the Forum can contribute more to their experience and exposure to the ACR! At least those with enough knowledge and experience with the weapon system and have fired them enough to prover reliability and not just a mag or two.

You and the video make valid points and I've only recently started looking into Bushmaster (not hard enough) but I was un aware of the problems thank you and I love FN so I guess I should just stick to what I know a bit more about sadly I don't have an FN anyway so thank you haha

Venom 06-22-2012 12:24 AM

I know Remington makes them as well but I believe only for military and they're full auto which would be harder to find and either way I don't have an ffl or class 3

Sniper03 06-22-2012 12:32 AM

Vernon,

You can not go wrong with an FN.
I have an FN LAR National Match Rifle that I bought back in 1986 in 308. It is the original FN LAR which to date has maybe a max of 500 rounds through it. Which brings up another great point. Your FN will surely have a much higher sale or trade in value in the future over the Bushmaster should you ever decide to sell or trade it. I have been offered $3500 for my FN LAR NM it is original Fabrique Nationale production. And in perfect condition. So there is some encouragement for you! Good Luck with your selection! :)

Venom 06-22-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Vernon,

You can not go wrong with an FN.
I have an FN LAR National Match Rifle that I bought back in 1986 in 308. It is the original FN LAR which to date has maybe a max of 500 rounds through it. Which brings up another great point. Your FN will surely have a much higher sale or trade in value in the future over the Bushmaster should you ever decide to sell or trade it. I have been offered $3500 for my FN LAR NM it is original Fabrique Nationale production. And in perfect condition. So there is some encouragement for you! Good Luck with your selection! :)

Oh yea I love FN an WOW! That is truly amazing can you post pics I'd love to see it