Battle Rifle - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Battle Rifle

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perth,WA
Posts: 10
Default

anyone know the difference between the M39 EMR and Mk14 Mod 0 EBR???

__________________
Joel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
anyone know the difference between the M39 EMR and Mk14 Mod 0 EBR???
I think the main dif is the top rail.

Also, M39' are still not common and are pretty spendy.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #103
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perth,WA
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I think the main dif is the top rail.

Also, M39' are still not common and are pretty spendy.
ahh okay, cheers broseph. Its just that apparently the USMC only uses the M39 and not the EBR. But i've seen VERY few images suggesting so
__________________
Joel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

While in the Navy I qualified on the 1911, M-14, M-60 and M-2. I had the opportunity to shoot more than a few M-16A1 back then also. For a "Battle Rifle" I would choose the M-14 or M1A.

However, for general purpose rifle meeting other needs and possible SHTF senario's I would and did pick the AR-15 as a first purchase over a M1A. The M1A is near the top of the purchase list fighting for first place against a Marlin 1895 Cowboy in 45-70.

__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #105
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
ahh okay, cheers broseph. Its just that apparently the USMC only uses the M39 and not the EBR. But i've seen VERY few images suggesting so
The M39 is tagged the "EMR-Enhanced Marksmanship Rifle". The stock itself is the same, but I THINK the rail is slightly dif. Killer stock, though.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:21 AM   #106
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perth,WA
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
The M39 is tagged the "EMR-Enhanced Marksmanship Rifle". The stock itself is the same, but I THINK the rail is slightly dif. Killer stock, though.
Oh, okay then. That makes sense. I'm just confused as to why they have different military designation if they have the same stock and firing assembly. Seems a bit odd.

Yeah, the stock is pretty bad-ass, but I think I still prefer Smith Enterprises M21A5 'Crazy Horse' design. I think I just prefer high-power rifles to have wooden stocks. Makes the firing feel more intimate. But then again, I've never fired a semi-automatic intermediate cartridge rifle. I love my brothers .308 bolt-action though (sadly not a rem700). Its still a beast. 24" barrel. Feels like I'm shooting an M24 or M40.
__________________
Joel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:28 AM   #107
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Oh, okay then. That makes sense. I'm just confused as to why they have different military designation if they have the same stock and firing assembly. Seems a bit odd.

Yeah, the stock is pretty bad-ass, but I think I still prefer Smith Enterprises M21A5 'Crazy Horse' design. I think I just prefer high-power rifles to have wooden stocks. Makes the firing feel more intimate. But then again, I've never fired a semi-automatic intermediate cartridge rifle. I love my brothers .308 bolt-action though (sadly not a rem700). Its still a beast. 24" barrel. Feels like I'm shooting an M24 or M40.
All the Crazy Horse Rifles are in kryo-ed USGI synthetic stocks. No bedding. I prefer more traditional stocks, as well. My modern stocks are JAE G2's, and one McMillan M1A stock.



__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perth,WA
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
All the Crazy Horse Rifles are in kryo-ed USGI synthetic stocks. No bedding. I prefer more traditional stocks, as well. My modern stocks are JAE G2's, and one McMillan M1A stock.
Woah, very cool! (also very jealous). I didn't know that about the Crazy Horse. I think I also just love the whole rifle look where there is no separate pistol grip handle for the trigger hand. Then again, yours look quite nice...

It's a bleeding shame that here in Australia firearm laws are so damn tight. We're not allowed semi-automatics I would really love an M1A (which I would very quickly replace with an M14 22inch barrel :P).

Well I will soon enough be buying a Remington Model 700. Hopefully be able to get a heavier grade barrel from the states too
__________________
Joel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Woah, very cool! (also very jealous). I didn't know that about the Crazy Horse. I think I also just love the whole rifle look where there is no separate pistol grip handle for the trigger hand. Then again, yours look quite nice...

It's a bleeding shame that here in Australia firearm laws are so damn tight. We're not allowed semi-automatics I would really love an M1A (which I would very quickly replace with an M14 22inch barrel :P).

Well I will soon enough be buying a Remington Model 700. Hopefully be able to get a heavier grade barrel from the states too
M1A's come standard with a 22" barrel. SAI has been out of stock on original USGI barrels for many years, but the contours and dimensions on the new ones they are using remain the same, just not chrome lined. The best chrome lined tubes avail today are the Criterion Barrels, from a division of Krieger.

Bummer you can't have an M14 there. I would be very lost without my M14's.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 AM   #110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TrueNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 236
Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Hey, I myself am a fan of a good 7.62 as my main rifle because of the range and power of the cartridge despite being a bit heavier to carry (ammunition-wise).
BUT FOR ARGUEMENTS SAKE! Just to get some new thinking going here.

What are people's thoughts on using a multipurpose pump or semi shotgun?

-Since in shtf or other situations its usually closer ranges than the powerful rifles are necessary for a shotgun is more effective short-range weapon.
-A 12ga is more than capable of taking down large animals with HP slugs or buckshot,
-devastating short-med range defense weapon using the same shells.
-And allows for bird and small game kills.
-A shotgun is easy to clean/maintain, can be used by anyone pretty easily (scatter guns = less skill to aim).
-12ga shells can be found anywhere - even though they are bulky.
-Variety of shells allows for multipurpose.

Up here in Canada we have such huge restrictions on centerfire rifles that a lot of guys adopt shotguns cause they're less restricted, and just make them badass rifle substitutes - get some decent range shots out of the rifled barrels too!

Annnnd GO!

__________________

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

TrueNorth is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
The Battle of Pictures At War! Dillinger The Club House 4624 02-28-2013 04:33 AM
And the battle begins Kelly J Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 01-08-2009 06:47 PM
Battle Hymn SGT-MILLER The Club House 3 10-22-2008 05:33 AM
Favorite Consumer Available Battle Rifle notdku Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 11 04-15-2008 05:31 AM