Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Bassett mnt. & Scope Removal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 725 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 218

Default Bassett mnt. & Scope Removal

I have an M1A with a Leupold 6x18 scope on a Bassett low mount. I am considering getting an additional mount with a holographic site so that I can do some bang, bang, bang, instead of just bang. The iron sights are great, but the eyes are not. I have read that the Bassett keeps the zero pretty close when removed and replaced. True? I want to switch back and forth the sight arrangement. My other scopes are on bolt actions and not removed for 35+ years so I am skeptical. Please advise.
Thanks

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #2

Liked 2378 Times on 1545 Posts

Pride and fowler makes a small red dot that clamps on your existing scope tube. Some use this for competition where there are both close and distant targets.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5458 Times on 2850 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Admitedly im no m1a expert. Had a basset mount couldnt get it stay on the receiver without it shooting loose much less get it to hold zero following their directions.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...