Ban coming & Hard to find Items.... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Ban coming & Hard to find Items....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

They sold like 5 million guns last year alone...They will never get them all back.......Millions & Millions of them...I can't see it happening......Who am I to say.......Maybe.....But the jails arn't big anuff for all the people........

Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well Longhair, I wish that I could agree with you, but I cannot. The governemnt may not be able to get them all back soon, but they can put laws together that slowly whittle guns out of society. The Liberals and NDP in Canada have put so many restrictions and bans on types of guns, calibres and even specific guns by name that it sometimes feels like its only a matter of time before they get them all. Leaving only the criminals to be armed.

Obviously the registry has helped them achieve this...

In any case, I'd say keep supporting the NRA, or any other group you choose, and VOTE, in order to make your voice heard and stop politicians from even getting to the point where they even THINK that they can control your guns.

P.S. luckily in Canada, the Conservatives have come back into power, and hopefully will be for awhile (re: election on May 2) and they have promised to shut-down the registry and loosen gun laws up again!

Canadians - Vote Conservative!

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #23

In my opinion if there are any gun bans coming down the tubes. If the batfe begins to take weapons away from the people, they will run out of agent s before the people run out of ammo. I heard that from my grandfather. To be honest I believe this to be true. Most gun owners in my neck of the woods wouldn't go down without a fight.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #24

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I was in my local WalMart today, ammo prices the same and both guys (one manager) working the sports area looked at me with the deer eyes in the headlights look, when I asked about a price increase. They both said they have heard nothing and haven't received a price change notice on any ammo coming in.
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Can't speak for prices, but anyone that thinks there is going to be an attempt at a "gun ban" BEFORE the 2012 elections is delusional!

There is no way for "the lOser" to both impliment a ban AND get re-elected.

Now IF he gets re-elected then we need to be SERIOUSLY concerned because he will have nothing to lose by going for broke with a hardcore gun ban.

Remember to get out and vote and get those around you to seriously consider voting AGAINST Obama!

JD

Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Can't speak for prices, but anyone that thinks there is going to be an attempt at a "gun ban" BEFORE the 2012 elections is delusional!

There is no way for "the lOser" to both impliment a ban AND get re-elected.

Now IF he gets re-elected then we need to be SERIOUSLY concerned because he will have nothing to lose by going for broke with a hardcore gun ban.

Remember to get out and vote and get those around you to seriously consider voting AGAINST Obama!

JD
I couldn't agree more!

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #27

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

It's hard to understand why so many dubtards still support Going Nowhere Nobama. Must be the smooth talk and lies.
americas-worst-nightmare.jpg  
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #28

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

& speaks what his writers want him to,from a teleprompter....

Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
So, what about the Kel-Tec? Anyone got an opinion on that? Seems like on all the guns I have or am interested in, no ones got any opinion......

Yeah, maybe I should cool my panic impulse buying urges. Gun show coming early April, maybe there will be something on sale there.

Have a 9mm sub 2000 that is a great little folding carbine. Cost me $300. Walked into my LGD and asked for one. He pulled it off the rack.
I would skip on a $400 priced one.

With the current political climate no one is banning anything. Remember how they where going to take away your AR15? Never happened but made the scare sellers a lot of money. I can get 33 round glock mags for the keltec no problem.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #30

Liked 1332 Times on 892 Posts
Likes Given: 857

When I started this thread, I had not searched the net for this topic. We were discussing the Canadian's issues & laws concerning guns the other day, and my boss said that Canada was way more loose than the US on guns. I knew it wasn't true, but looked it up anyway. I think I'm right. Today when I said that a net search seemed to indicate this was not so, he started to talk about the US "Gun Ban" I didn't have any idea what he was talking about. (Mind you, he has a lot of guns and is generally well-informed on such things, and has an unlimited FID in MASS. I've seen it) So, I looked it up. Seems like the Govt. has been making noise about it for years. I would tend to agree with Dillinger that no likely before the election next year, but what about after that?

I also found some info on what happened in New Orleans after Katrina. Seems like they forcibly took the guns. Is there anyone on this forum from there to verify? If so, it would be a precedent to ban some (or all) guns and then take them. Did anyone fight back in New Orleans?

Seems like it bears more thinking about, huh? I'd hate to spend $3K on stuff only to have it taken, AND have to replace my front door & safe, too.....