Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Ban coming & Hard to find Items....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 496

Default Ban coming & Hard to find Items....

The Local Gun Shop told me this morning about a possible ban coming. Black guns, hi-cap mags, tactical shotguns, ect.

Ammo price increaces. 10-15% this coming week

Ket-tec Sub 200, 40S&W. Almost impossible to find, offered me a NIB one for $400. Also 2 Glock 22 20rd mags, $50 ea. These seem very difficult to find also.

Rumors of a change in ammo to make it have a 3 month shelf life......nothing definate

I ask because I'm interested in a Beretta 96A1, Beretta CX4 Storm, Kel-tec sub 2000, (a replacement for the Storm cause it costs $800), and hi cap mags for both. I don't want to be left out in the cold if a ban shows up, but funds are limited right now.......Any thoughts? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Jay

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Tell your local shop that they should pass out tin foil hats too.....

1. There is going to be an increase of around 7% in ammo soon. The dealers that I frequent aren't sure exactly when, but it's coming.

2. An outright ban on anything will take time, and bans of some sort are always being floated by the anti-gun crowd. A ban may occur, but with the current congress being split, I really don't see a ban in the near future. I wouldn't buy "to beat a ban" just yet. It does make a sales tool, but I'm not real impressed with selling that way.

Just my opinion. I make no accuracy guarantees....

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 03-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

There's a lot of speculation going around regarding what's going to be available or not, whether standard capacity mags will be reduced to a maximum of 10 rounds or less, will ammo prices rise, will there be shortages again, etc. A lot of info being passed around is from a guy who heard from so and so who heard from....Bottom line it should be business as usual. You want, you buy.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It would be impossible to introduce ammo that has only a 3 month shelf life under current technology. That's all they are is rumors.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The Second Amendment and all it entails is continually under assault. Don't expect that to change anytime soon. It's an unfortunate fact of life under Big Brother.

If you desire something and can afford it, by all means buy it now. However, there is no need to panic, just be sensible and get what you think you'll need.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #6

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Same thing happened in 2009, nothing really happened but it scared people crazy. All the ammo was bought up by hoarders.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 496

So, what about the Kel-Tec? Anyone got an opinion on that? Seems like on all the guns I have or am interested in, no ones got any opinion......

Yeah, maybe I should cool my panic impulse buying urges. Gun show coming early April, maybe there will be something on sale there.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
So, what about the Kel-Tec? Anyone got an opinion on that? Seems like on all the guns I have or am interested in, no ones got any opinion......

Yeah, maybe I should cool my panic impulse buying urges. Gun show coming early April, maybe there will be something on sale there.
I haven't personally seen the Sub 2000 in action but from the reviews & common folklore it seems to be an awesome setup especially considering the use of Glock & Beretta mags. I wish they'd come out with a .45 but the 9mm & .40 S&W will drop a bad guy or Bambi inside a football field. The fact that you can fold it in half & stuff it in your backpack makes even better. So to answer your question in a nutshell, I'd get one.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Didnt we hear all the same stuff the day after obama got in?

Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Didnt we hear all the same stuff the day after obama got in?
Which led to the ammo drought.