AUG help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AUG help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AUG help

When I was in Iraq the first time, I worked with some Aussies. I got to use the AUG alittle and I was wondering if anyone knew of a civilian model or rifle similar to the AUG or AUG HBAR in the USA? I'd like to have one to shoot with at home.

Thanks!

"What I'm saying is...If I kill someone, I deserve to take their wallet"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

It looks like Steyr started making the AUG A3 semi available for american sale earlier this year.
You may want to check out Steyr's dealer locator at Steyr Mannlicher US:*Dealers
Looks like a couple dealers in Norristown, may be closest for you. Dont know about availability, you'll have to check. Looks like prices from what I've googled in the $1700-2000 range.

Hope this helps a little. Thanks for your service & welcome to the forum. Stop by the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself!

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-18-2009, 03:20 AM   #3

Default Thanks

Yes that did help alittle. The place Zakos by me wont get them. I guess I'll have to take a trip to TN in the spring and see if I can get one. Thats why I get for living in a liberal state I guess! thanks for you help!

Cal

"What I'm saying is...If I kill someone, I deserve to take their wallet"

Old 12-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Steyr Arms.com in conjunction with Sabre Defence is making a US made Aug that is running about $2,300. I’ve looked at them as I would love to own one but just too rich for my pocket. The Aug was US Customs Office of Investigation and Air Branch duty rifle for years and I fell in love with the performance and accuracy of the weapon, even on full auto I was able to keep it center mass. Ours had the build in optics in a carrying handle that had a circular reticule that was quick and easy to acquire. If you get one let me know how you like it.