Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Assault Weapons at Sportsman's Warehouse (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/assault-weapons-sportsmans-warehouse-13721/)

Bigcountry02 05-10-2009 12:14 AM

Assault Weapons at Sportsman's Warehouse

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse this morning, they had 12 to 14 various types of semi-automatic range weapons. 1000.00 to 1800.00 price; however, did not purchase. Fear from the wife of getting another and the issue of finding ammo is not good.

matt g 05-10-2009 02:12 AM

Enthusiasts have been using the term Sports Utility Rifles for some time now.

"Assault weapon" is a term coined by the leftist media and was designed to produce negative emotions regarding said weapons.

SGT-MILLER 05-10-2009 04:24 AM

Semi-automatic Rifle is another proper term.

There is no such thing as assault weapons being sold at places like Sportman's Warehouse.

Bigcountry02 05-10-2009 04:32 AM

I was busy in typing mode: Sorry!

Still I just got home, from seeing so many toys - I was emotional wreck! I had to put myself away from another acquisition. :(

Carne Frio 05-10-2009 06:14 AM

Sportman's Warehouse never has any ammo and almost no reloading
supplies. They claim it's the "shortage", but two other stores that
sell ammo, within 2 miles of the warehouse have lots of ammo. All
that is in Fairbanks.

matt g 05-10-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 104493)
I was busy in typing mode: Sorry!

Still I just got home, from seeing so many toys - I was emotional wreck! I had to put myself away from another acquisition. :(

You needed some clean undies, huh?

J33Nelson 05-13-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

"Assault weapon" is a term coined by the leftist media
The StG 44 (Sturmgewehr 44 or "assault rifle model 1944") was an assault rifle developed in Nazi Germany during World War II and was the first of its kind.

The Nazi's actually coined this term not the leftist media.

Sportsmen's Warehouse closed all three of their locations in Minnesota. Never really shopped there because their prices were much higher than Cabela's and Sheels but they did have some good deals during their going out of business liquidation sale.

AcidFlashGordon 05-16-2009 02:12 PM

Sportsmen's Warehouse had 2 locations here in the Las Vegas valley but they've closed them. They didn't last very long, either...less than 6 months. Odd in that shooting is very popular around here. I mean, when you can drive for less than 30 minutes and be out in the middle of hell and nowhere, you can set targets up just about anywhere. And, with the Clark County Shooting Range due to open in August, a "public" range is just around the corner. We have several "private" clubs but I haven't joined them because my work schedule does bollox up shooting time.