Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   AR15 or the AAC 300 Blackout "honey badger" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/ar15-aac-300-blackout-honey-badger-60500/)

Cazper23 03-18-2012 05:26 PM

AR15 or the AAC 300 Blackout "honey badger"
 
Basically I was wondering what your thoughts on the two guns. I want an AR15 but the AAC 300 is sweet with the a suppressor and a subsonic cartridge. Wondering if it would be worth getting both, or just one or the other.

mjkeat 03-18-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cazper23
Basically I was wondering what your thoughts on the two guns. I want an AR15 but the AAC 300 is sweet with the a suppressor and a subsonic cartridge. Wondering if it would be worth getting both, or just one or the other.

Good luck getting a hold of AAC's Honey Badger. From my understanding it's a one off and there aren't any plans for production runs.

I wouldn't have just a 300blk AR. If it's your first AR go w/ 5.56. or both.

Cazper23 03-19-2012 12:40 AM

Really? I just sall 3 of them at the gun show in jax for 950... I didnt know they were scarce ... I guess ill have to call that guy

mjkeat 03-19-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cazper23 (Post 744462)
Really? I just sall 3 of them at the gun show in jax for 950... I didnt know they were scarce ... I guess ill have to call that guy

I'm not here to argue but I'd be willing to bet what you saw was someones rendention of what AAC calls the Honey Badger. You can't even get an AAC 300BLK upper for under $1K. I have a PM out to one of the guys involved in the developement and testing of the 300 BLK so we'll find out soon.

mjkeat 03-19-2012 02:52 AM

Private Message: Re: Honey Badger
Today, 20:25
removed Online
Senior Member Join Date: removed
Posts: removed
iTrader: (0)

Re: Honey Badger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
removed,

Is the Honey Badger currently available for purchase?

Thank you.

__________________
-----------------
R&D for AAC

FCross7 03-19-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 744572)
Private Message: Re: Honey Badger
Today, 20:25
removed Online
Senior Member Join Date: removed
Posts: removed
iTrader: (0)

Re: Honey Badger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
removed,

Is the Honey Badger currently available for purchase?

Thank you.

__________________
-----------------
R&D for AAC

That response they gave you is absolutely bursting at the seems with enthusiasm. They should try to tone that down in future responses.

-Fred

Cazper23 03-19-2012 04:27 AM

Wow, I wasnt trying to argue with you at all... I was just saying what I sall or what I was told was a AAC 300 blackout. but thanx for the info anyway

mjkeat 03-19-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7

That response they gave you is absolutely bursting at the seems with enthusiasm. They should try to tone that down in future responses.

-Fred

I know right. Probably tired of the bad information, rumors flying around, and people that refuse to read up on it for themselves then question others.

mjkeat 03-19-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cazper23
Wow, I wasnt trying to argue with you at all... I was just saying what I sall or what I was told was a AAC 300 blackout. but thanx for the info anyway

The AAC is alive and well and being sold in a wide variety of places. The HB is a totally different story. Sounds like someone was trying to make a sale. Not your fault.

smoooth308 03-19-2012 07:01 AM

AAC honey badger would be a lot of fun but you could just build a short barreled rifle in .300 blackout with an integrated suppressor but the stock would be a different story. Not quite sure on how to do the mp5 style collapsible stock on the ar-15


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.