AR 7.62 Battle Rifle - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR 7.62 Battle Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just a curious question. Is the scar really worth the money vs an m1a or some sort of ar10?

I've been on the fence trying to make up my mind. I don't see $3k for a half aluminum half polymer rifle. I have yet to handle a scar.

Just looking for some honest input. I look around on some forums and it just seems like most of these people commenting are armchair commandos speaking off of call of duty experience

Old 06-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #52
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

if your in SE wisconsin your more than welcome to meet me at mcmiller on a weekend it isnt storming and try mine out...

ive owned several M1a rifles and currently dont have one. ive shot AR10 rifles. i LOVE my scar17. its simply shiocking how quiet it runs supressed. accuracy is on par with my wife's savage 10 fcp-sr.

ive done some minor mods. MI rail extension, match grade front sight post (thinner for more accurate iron shooting) vltor stock, magpul miad grip

top hole is a 3 shot group using a ACOG bottom two shots were sight in shots it was shooting a bit low when i first mounted it.

whats kinda funny is when i bought it i couldnt get scar17 mags if i was bribing people now you cant get SR25 pattern mags if your life depended on it and scar17 mags seem plentiful...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 06-22-2013 at 02:57 AM.
People Like This 
Old 06-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #53

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
if your in SE wisconsin your more than welcome to meet me at mcmiller on a weekend it isnt storming and try mine out...

ive owned several M1a rifles and currently dont have one. ive shot AR10 rifles. i LOVE my scar17. its simply shiocking how quiet it runs supressed. accuracy is on par with my wife's savage 10 fcp-sr.

ive done some minor mods. MI rail extension, match grade front sight post (thinner for more accurate iron shooting) vltor stock, magpul miad grip

top hole is a 3 shot group using a ACOG bottom two shots were sight in shots it was shooting a bit low when i first mounted it.

whats kinda funny is when i bought it i couldnt get scar17 mags if i was bribing people now you cant get SR25 pattern mags if your life depended on it and scar17 mags seem plentiful...
I might have to hit you up in that offer. I have my final FTX this week and will be flying home to do some recruiting work in northern wi before I head down to Campbell. Might be towards the end of July.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for yours? You can pm if you need too

Last edited by Wi_Hunter556; 06-22-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #54
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Paid 2450 pre election at midwest industries. Cheapest ive seen anywhere. I was wanting a colt LE901 but they werent to be had and still really arent found that one for sale at midwest industries in waukesha.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

goretro77 Likes This 
Old 06-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #55

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Paid 2450 pre election at midwest industries. Cheapest ive seen anywhere. I was wanting a colt LE901 but they werent to be had and still really arent found that one for sale at midwest industries in waukesha.
That's not bad at all. I'll have to see my dealer and scavenge through his distributor catalogs.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #56

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the vepyr in 7.62-51 nato

Old 07-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #57

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Just read about the new POF P308 in the new issue of Recoil. Another one to consider.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 AM   #58

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Stop making us drool over our keyboards. It's messing up our computers and, quite frankly, making us a little jealous.
LOL!

Just wanted to throw a few more pics in, got a new Sig P226 and decided to snap a few pics with the SCARs since they are paired up with SCARs in the military:

Threw in the katana just for fun:

Do not assume anything.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #59

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Nice SCAR!! and good shooting!

Do not assume anything.