Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Ar 57

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ar 57

With all the hype of the AR 57 out there, and to be able to actually buy one without having to wait 4 months for it to arrive...What's the general consensus for this rifle?

I have a few extra lowers and am considering it as another build.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

A small, extremely fast moving round with limited expansion and will UNDOUBTABLY be listed on the pending AWB Legislation?? If you are building it to sell it off in the immediate future, I would say go for it.

If you are building it for yourself, I would seriously take a look at ammo prices and availability for the long term - I fully expect this ammo to be right up there with the .50BMG on the Left's list because of it's "Bullet Proof Vest Defeating Ability".

Personally I like the round, but it's not a practical unit, or price tag, for any of the platforms at this time.

I still might consider making a very short rifle for varmint hunting out of the caliber some day. Minimal recoil, minimal noise, flat shooting trajectory.

JD