ar-10 free float kit?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > ar-10 free float kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ar-10 free float kit?

Hello, I have a bushmaster ar-10 O.R.C. 16'' barrel with a mid length gas system. I want to get and have installed a free float quad rail kit. Now I am searching the web and I am finding a lot of different info that is confusing me. I have read that my bushy has an upper receiver that is taller than other ar-10s so a free float kit wouldn’t work? I don’t think that is true. Also I was told by a salesman at a local store that was there "AR guru" that a free float kit from an ar-15 would work as long as I buy the barrel nut for a ar-10 also. And I am having a hard time picking out a free float kit when they are companies ranging in prices from 50 bucks to 400 bucks, $400??? Really! A nut and some aluminum shouldn't cost as much as a rifle, i'm just saying. Any help would be great. I just want to be pointed in the right direction to a company that i can get want I want...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

JP Rifles

The sad truth is that free float tubes are usually very expensive when you consider the entire scheme of things. I hope this link is helpful. Good luck, Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.