Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Anyone have or have shot the SR-556 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 985 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Default Anyone have or have shot the SR-556 ?

Looking at one of these as my next purchase , always wanted a .223 and this one really caught my eye . Im sure there are as good and cheaper out there so let me know the equivelants out there too
PH

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4483 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Had one sold it. Wasnt the most accurate ar ive ever shot. Cant clean under the handguards. For the cost its not worth it in my opinion. Its one of the guns i wish i hadnt of gotten.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 985 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Had one sold it. Wasnt the most accurate ar ive ever shot. Cant clean under the handguards. For the cost its not worth it in my opinion. Its one of the guns i wish i hadnt of gotten.
Jon , got a better option ? I have never had a ar type rifle so this is really all new to me

Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4483 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 255

depends on what your looking to do with it. one of my ARs is a sub-moa target rifle, ive got several uppers for it. one is for hunting and is chambered in 458socom, another is 5.56 lightweight for shtf and general plinking, another is chambered in 45acp just for fun

so what do you wish to do??

all i can suggest brand wise is my personal preference. i like colts and rock river arms.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #5

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Build one.

You're just going to mod what ever you buy anyway, so do it right the first time!

Plus it saves you from the need to store all those take-off parts.

There are plenty us here to help you build your gun.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #6

I had a 556 ruger and traded it for a panther 24 bull which shoots with my colt and bushmaster. I've never had much luck shooting with any Ruger rifle or pistol.You can buy two bushmasters for the price of one 556.
The only Ruger I ever liked was the security six .

Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #7

Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I'm a big fan of my M&P-15 sport. It's amazing and extremely accurate for the price it is

Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #8

Default Ruger 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Looking at one of these as my next purchase , always wanted a .223 and this one really caught my eye . Im sure there are as good and cheaper out there so let me know the equivelants out there too
PH
I purchased a 556 few months ago, shooting out of box was very accurate, ran several types of ammo through. it with no feeding problem. Open sites free hand, shot 4 in's groups at 100. The model I pur. was the 905, it's the lightest of all the models. Also purchased RCBS "5.56 Die" these dies are special SB sizer and Taper crimp seater, should be able to shoot groups less then 1 inch at 100 yds. Hope this helps