Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Are all automatic rifles banned in the US?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
far as im concerned reagan was a worse president than obama simply because of his unconstitutional banning of firearms
if you havent figured it out i despise reagan
IMO anybody that would choose Obozo or... any President much less Regan is either an idiot or a Democrap JMO

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2689 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

So, if many "believe" one to be anti-gun you are an evil SOB? If you wear an "R" after your name, you are far better even if you actually DID ban some guns? That makes perfect sense. So far Oblama has done NOTHING to ban guns.

You are the one acting just like a Dem. Intentions are more important than deeds?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #23

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
So, if many "believe" one to be anti-gun you are an evil SOB? If you wear an "R" after your name, you are far better even if you actually DID ban some guns? That makes perfect sense. So far Oblama has done NOTHING to ban guns.

You are the one acting just like a Dem. Intentions are more important than deeds?
In Obama's case I think it's pretty clear he was just playing his cards close for the first term. He'll sign anything that crosses his desk. Thank goodness gun owners have a full house (of representatives).

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I personally have little doubt that Oblama (or any other national level Dem) would LOVE to ban all guns. It is just silly to worship Reagan and despise Barry. Look at the records.

"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #25

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
I personally have little doubt that Oblama (or any other national level Dem) would LOVE to ban all guns. It is just silly to worship Reagan and despise Barry. Look at the records.
It's silly to worship anyone. Something that isn't often mentioned is that many of the founders, though not all, believed that "the state" is an evil concept. And so they made every effort to eliminate every traditional function of the state and tried to make it serve the people. I think ultimately they failed.

But the point is, all politicians -even those relatively less evil than others- are suspect. I look to social philosophy for my heroes. A good number of the founders also dabbled in this subject. And indeed it is here most people look for guidance in interpreting the constitution.

The United States was so nearly a success that I'd be very interested in seeing how a similar society would fair without any state.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #26

Liked 81 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Just out of curiosity, say you had an M16. Is the lower receiver of that gun the only part that is registered or is it the entire rifle? I mean, can you modify them? New barrel, stock, etc.? These ones that you see selling for $15,000-$20,000 look like they have been to hell and back.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8643 Times on 3743 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

The RECEIVER of a firearm (in the case of the M16, that is the lower) is legally the firearm. That is the part that has a serial number, and that is the part that gets registered.

The rest- barrel, stock. upper, buffer, sander, pistol grip, flash suppressor (no such thing as a sander- checking to see if yer listening) are all PARTS- and require no registration.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #28

Liked 81 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
The RECEIVER of a firearm (in the case of the M16, that is the lower) is legally the firearm. That is the part that has a serial number, and that is the part that gets registered.

The rest- barrel, stock. upper, buffer, sander, pistol grip, flash suppressor (no such thing as a sander- checking to see if yer listening) are all PARTS- and require no registration.
Good to know. Not that I will ever have one. Lol.

And we all know the sander was replaced by the transmission belt!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyj View Post
Just out of curiosity, say you had an M16. Is the lower receiver of that gun the only part that is registered or is it the entire rifle? I mean, can you modify them? New barrel, stock, etc.? These ones that you see selling for $15,000-$20,000 look like they have been to hell and back.
Yes. A registered receiver IS the machine gun. EVERYTHING else is just parts. New ANYTHING and you are OK. You can take a registered M-16 A1 and put a 10 inch barrel on it because "machinegun" trumps "SBR"

"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #30

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Yes. A registered receiver IS the machine gun. EVERYTHING else is just parts. New ANYTHING and you are OK. You can take a registered M-16 A1 and put a 10 inch barrel on it because "machinegun" trumps "SBR"
Or in the case of a Browning Beltfed its the right side plate.